3 months more or less after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 months more or less after LIS

Postby john » 02 Sep 2011, 18:53

had surgery in early june...LIS. had infection which went away. now have small bump at incision and some kind of point on it. i am not in any pain but just feel raw...no discharge of any kind. sometimes i feel ichy and kinda swelled there. doctor says everything looks ok come back in a month? do i have a problem?
john
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: 3 months more or less after LIS

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2011, 19:02

Hey John,
Feeling a little raw and irritated after LIS is pretty common.
The bump you mention doesn't sound normal though. Did you take antibiotics or anything for the infection that you said went away? Did your CRS diagnose you with the infection?
The reason I'm asking is infections usually need to be treated either by antibiotic or surgically.

Postby john » 02 Sep 2011, 19:07

thanks for the reply...yes i took bactrim for 2 weeks and the doc said the infection was gone. she just says everything looks good. the bump is where the incision is not painful to push on. tired of going to the doc and told everything is ok and see you in a month.
edit. the bump has been there since the operation...it has not got bigger or smaller but the pain did go away after 2 months.
john
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2011, 19:56

Your welcome John,
If it makes you feel any better, most of the folks here who had infection(abscess, fistulas) had a discharge,and pain.
If you feel something's wrong though, don't be afraid to keep pushing or ask for a second opinion.
Hopefully others will chime in....

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 Sep 2011, 20:00

Hey John - the bump could be scar tissue. I had an abscess develop at the incision site a month after my LIS. I could tell there was something wrong because it felt sore, like a pinching pain, and was swollen. Eventually it started draining, which relieved the pain for a while, until more pus built up again. The abscess eventually formed a fistula (which about 50% of abscesses do), but it was a superficial fistula, so it was a pretty simple surgery to fix it. The doc just deroofed the fistula. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't too horrible either. So, I'd say, keep an eye on it and watch for drainage and watch to see if it swells bigger, and definitely call your doc if it gets painful. Given how long you've had this bump, it's likely just be a bit of scar tissue; but, worst case scenario is an abscess, and that can be dealt with. So try not to worry too much! (Now that I've read my post, I don't know how reassuring that all is! :) )
Deleted User 579

Postby john » 02 Sep 2011, 21:20

thanks for the replys everyone, i am not so stressed. i have been reading all the posting for 3 months and finally had the courage to post...god bless everyone here
john
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2011, 07:22

Thank you John! Glad you posted. Things can be weird for awhile, trying not to stress is a good idea. Although I felt much better after my surgery, it has been a long road of weirdness,Lol.
God Bless you too.