Healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing?

Postby twenben » 04 Sep 2011, 10:40

Ok so, I still haven't gotten around to seeing a CRS (or buy fiber supplements for that matter), but lately I've been feeling as though my fissure is really on it's way to recovery. After over 2 months, BMs have started passing almost painlessly again (and some of them were not as soft as they should've been) and my butt hasn't been itchy in a while.
I'd read somewhere that massaging your inner sphincter (read fingering) was a good way to calm the spasms by helping the blood flow more in that area. At first when I started doing it (with KY before every BM) it hurt a bit and I could feel (for the first time) my inner sphincter spasming. However now that I do it all the time, I can't feel any sort of spasm and I feel barely any pain at all. So I think a mix of lubing up the anal canal and deep massaging is really helpful. Still not sure I won't find myself screaming for my life again one day, but I think I'm well on my way there.
Has anything like that happened to any of you?
N.B. Being gay, I was already used to having a finger up there, but for those of you who have never done anything like that, here's a non exhaustive list of things to keep in mind when massaging your inner sphincter:
1. Use a lot of lube
2. Go at your own pace, it's not a race to get your finger to the inner sphincter, so don't ram it in. Think of it as any other kind of massage, you wanna be gentle with your anus (but you probably already know that Image )
3. Take the time to find the right angle. Twist your finger around until you feel really comfortable. If it hurts, try another angle.
4. Make sure to cut your fingernails, they can be a pain and can probably make your fissure worse off.
5. If you're a man (I don't know much about women sorry), really take the time to find your P-spot (as I like to call it), otherwise known as your prostate. Doing so is the best way to achieve total relaxation.
6. Don't forget to wash up afterwards.
I hope at least one person will benefit from this "guide" :) All our bodies are different and react differently to stimuli, but give it a try and it might help save your butt!
twenben
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Healing?

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Sep 2011, 17:38

Hey Twenben - thanks for the useful advice! I'm sure some folks will find that very helpful. I also think that if you can actually insert your finger into your bum, then your doing quite well! Many of us couldn't think of doing that with a fissure! A digital exam at the doctor's office was torture! Image
I'm so glad you are doing well. I hope that continues until you are completely healed. I don't want to discourage you or anything, but I feel it's only fair to warn you that these evil ^%^& like to hide for a while, pretend to be getting better, and then come back with a vengence. I don't want to make you paranoid, and it's quite likely that you are on your way to being permanently healed; but don't be alarmed if you re-tear because that's quite common. That's also why I still think you should see a CRS. It couldn't hurt and s/he could even give you some ointments that would help with the healing and possibly help you avoid surgery down the road if it turns out that your fissure is one of those evil *&$% that likes to mess with you. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby pink_bows » 05 Sep 2011, 11:07

twenben, thanks for sharing this! im so desperate to heal im running out and buying some lube to start this today. from what i've read the spasms need to decrease and if this worked for you im praying it'll do something for me as well(: Anyway, hope your body is what it feels like and your close to healing. All the best!
pink_bows
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2011, 14:50

Hi twenben,
There's no way in hell I could have put anything in there when I had a fissure Image
It almost sounds like you are doing your own anal dilation procedure though.
Thanks for sharing with those who may be interested!
Good Luck, hope all continues to go well!