Discomfort or Pain?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Discomfort or Pain?

Postby Bernie » 20 Sep 2011, 02:26

How do you know where one ends and the other begins?
On 7th Sept, the CRs declared me healed of AF (I'm not convinced), he said I have a couple of internal hemmys which should sort themselves out soon now, but if i have any pain to go back to the GP. So on his advice, I stopped dilt and movicol straight away, and started on the daily fybogel.
Obviously since having an AF I'm very conscious of everything that happens down there, and the first couple of BMs without dilt were uncomfortable. But a couple of times, that discomfort has been accompanied by an acute pain, but very brief, and disappears once the BM has passed. I've almost got to the point where I've wanted to bite on a towel (like in the bad old days) and do breathe an audible sigh of relief once it has passed. A few times I've had spotting of blood on the toilet paper too, though the past couple of days that has stopped. It is still intensely uncomfortable to have a BM, but I don't know whether my AF hasn't healed, or if it's the hemmies that are causing the pain/blood? And even when I don't have blood, I don't know whether it is 'just' bad discomfort, or if it is a pain worth going to the GP about?
(Not only do I have little faith in the GPs, it takes approx 3 weeks for me to get an appointment anyway, unless I say it's an emergency. If I knew it was definite pain, or if I was spasming again, I would say it was an emergency no hesitation, but I'm in an inbetweeny stage atm.)
Bernie
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Discomfort or Pain?

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 20 Sep 2011, 07:32

Do you still get sphincter spasm after the BM ? any case do not take any chances till your next appointment with CRS.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Bernie » 20 Sep 2011, 09:25

I don't have any spasming (as I said, if i did I'd be back at the docs). I also don't have a 'next appointment' with a CRS as I've been officially discharged as I'm 'healed'. Hmmm...
Bernie
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby val » 20 Sep 2011, 10:44

Well, it gets one more off their system if they send you to Limboland!
How about ringing the GP and saying it is an emergency? You could say you THINK you are having spasms maybe?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86