So scared

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

So scared

Postby g09t6844 » 23 Sep 2011, 05:44

Ok so you might think im going crazy but i dont know wat to do, yesterday when i went to daloo i had spasms and i created another fissure on the opposite side of the LIS site. i was in pain yesterday and today and its like fissure pain from before the surgery. IS IT possible to retear after surgery and whar can i do about it, im so sure its not surgery pain but fissure pain
g09t6844
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: So scared

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Sep 2011, 08:39

Aww, Michelle! I'm so sorry you are in pain. Unfortunately, it is possible to retear after surgery, but the good news is that new tears tend to heal much faster because the sphincter muscle isn't so tight. Make sure you continue to use a good stool softener, drink LOTS of water, and keep taking warm baths. Most acute (new) fissures heal in a couple of days, but you have to make sure the conditions are ideal for healing. Also, be sure not to strain during BMs - deep yoga breaths, no pushing. Will you be having a follow-up appointment with your surgeon soon?
Deleted User 579

Postby g09t6844 » 24 Sep 2011, 03:32

yes i had one yesterday with him and he thoroughly examined me and said everything was fine there was just evidence of the previous wounds that are still healing and no evidence of a new one, he thinks the pain im feeling could be psychological but i know hw i feel and i can tel there is a difference between operation paun and fissure pain and it was fissure pain i felt , at least today when i had a motion i wsnt in pain so i want i to heal fast, i will stick to my movicol, water and warm baths thank you
g09t6844
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Sep 2011, 08:14

Gosh, u have brought tears to my eyes reading this! Aww poor you x Hope gives Great Advice!! Listen to her Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Sep 2011, 13:22

Hey Michelle! It's great news that your doc said everything is fine. I think that means that you are healing well. Lots of doctors tend to attribute pain to psychological issues, but I'd say trust your instincts. You know your body better than anyone else. If you feel like you have a fissure, then you probably do, but it's likely really small and superficial and I'll bet that it'll heal up very quickly. Hang in there! Everything will get better! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Sep 2011, 15:37

SEE !!! Your a star HopetoHeal Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14