Itching and blood

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching and blood

Postby lurker53 » 23 Sep 2011, 10:32

after a BM I feel tight back there but also very itchy, but here's my dilemma. I have BM, get in shower and hose out as many remnants as I can, then take bath.
However, there is always fecal matter still left over and throughout the day there is discharge. This makes it itch of course, but when I wipe it clean, it takes a couple of tries to get clean and by the second or third wipe I see blood on the TP. Never any blood in the bowl, but when I wipe "deep" then there it is. But if I don't wipe "deep" then I have fecal matter back there which can't be helping healing.
Starting using Vaseline at suggestion of a friend on here and it helps with the BM but getting the excess Vaseline off also requires deep wiping.
So is it better to be dirty back there a little bit and avoid deep wiping to get all the remnants out or is it better to wipe thoroughly to keep it clean? Or is there another solution?
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Itching and blood

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2011, 22:05

Hey Lurker,
It may be easier on that area to use baby wipes or damp cotton. I always rinsed the baby wipes out to avoid any chemicals on that area. I wouldn't use tp! Cotton squares, or balls are much easier on that area and less abrasive then paper.

Postby dks579 » 08 Nov 2011, 21:16

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is the exact problem I'm having. Is this extra "residue" typical of a fissure? I also have the same issue where I almost never see blood until several wipes into it.
dks579

Postby Savaici » 09 Nov 2011, 08:48

My take on this:
After BM, use a Sitz Bath on the toilet seat, with warm water. Soak for ten minutes (or more, 10 mins is what I do at a time). Empty the water and any 'residue' into the loo and repeat - twice is what I do here.
Take a piece of cotton wool or very soft toilet paper (I use cottonelle) and DAB not wipe at the anus. Press very gently if you must to get 'clean'. Dry off, or shower. Gently pat dry and apply a tiny amount of Vaseline, enough to cover not to slather around.
That is what I am trying, after so many attempts at other things, and it is helping. I have had the Sitz Bath for ages and never used it regularly, for one reason or another; now am getting serious. I don't use baby wipes as they just irritate my skin.
Just don't wipe!!! That is irritating an already irritated area.
Good luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby dks579 » 09 Nov 2011, 09:25

This is a huge help, thank you! I was doing the sitz baths for a little bit, and the fissure was definitely healing (which my CRS saw). I guess I took it for granted -- I started slipping in my sitz usage and then bam...little bugger came right back.
Thank you again! I know it's been said on other posts, but it's definitely reassuring to see a site dedicated to people with our "issue."
dks579

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2011, 14:11

I think you might have to wipe externally only then use the shower to clean up. Crouching, reach under and prise apart with two fingers. You will then be able to hose out any 'left-overs'. This might be a bit uncomfortable, try a lower pressure if it is. I do this after a BM everytime and its prevented anymore infections (I had quite a few in the early days).
Apologies for the graphic description.
Also vaseline is good to use during BM, helps it slid out and not stick so much. Sorry again!

Postby balotskie » 13 Nov 2011, 05:39

hello split, how to use vaseline during BM...is this vaseline your saying is the same in vaseline eye drops?
balotskie

Postby Savaici » 13 Nov 2011, 05:47

Hi balotskie,
Welcome to the board! Image
The Vaseline comes in a tube or a jar. It is not the eye drops. When you have soaked in a Sitz Bath, dried off gently, apply the Vaseline.
Hope that helps!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011, 06:38

Hi Balotskie
Perhaps mislead you slightly. As Savaici says the Vaseline comes in a pot (in the UK anyway) and you can apply it when you sit on the loo prior to BM. As I said it helps the stool slide on out!!
I have used it after BM as well but after a couple of weeks it seemed to irritate the area, that might be just me though.