thanks to everyone here - you helped SO much

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

thanks to everyone here - you helped SO much

Postby linda » 23 Sep 2011, 16:09

I have been on this site just reading for a month and thought it was time to say thankyou. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found you all. My story is familiar. It started 3 months ago. I am using diltiazem ointment and doing ALL the right things...fiber, water, colace. My problem is my period. It messes with my bowels every month and there is nothing you can do about that. I see the CRS in a few weeks and he will let me know where we go from here. You know the funny (not so) thing is that I just started botox for head/neck pain that I have been dealing with for years and it's working!!!! I get relief on one end and the pain goes to another Image . Thanks again to all of you and keep posting...this site had helped me keep my sanity!
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: thanks to everyone here - you helped SO much

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2011, 17:54

Hi Linda :)
The same thing would happen to me around period time. It's funny now even after LIS I can feel a twinge in that area. I haven't re-torn my fissure but I can feel something a little weird their right before my period...
That's horrible that you finally got relief on one end and it's now on the other! I hope your appointment goes well.
I've had a great experience with the LIS. So don't be afraid to go that route. Also, I know colace is the stool softener that was always recommended to me but miralax is the bomb-diggity! If your periods are predictable, maybe you could take the Miralax for a few days?!
PS...
You're Welcome! This site has stayed going by the kindness and compassion of some great people who just volunteer their time. Hopefully it will continue! I don't know what I would have done without it when I had my fissure! I don't think there's a question I had that didn't already have an answer in these threads...
God Bless, Good Luck!! :)

Postby linda » 24 Sep 2011, 09:47

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for the tip on the Miralax. I am going to try it today. I just read a few more threads here on miralax and realized I may be eating too much fiber! I didn't know that was possible.
Also, thanks for sharing about your LIS. I see my CRS again in a few weeks and he said if things were not better that may be the next step. Because of all of you here I am not that afraid and actually look forward to some relief.
You're right, there does seem to be an answer for everything here. I do have one question. Has anyone had irritation and/or itch from the diltiazem? I even went to my GYNO thinking I had some kind of infection but she said all is fine... it doesn't feel fine.
Well it's time to eat my activia :), Thanks again
linda
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2011, 10:28

You're welcome Linda!
I'm happy that our positive experiences have helped take the fear out of some of this. I remember being encouraged and happy to see positive posts before my surgery. :)
Diltiazem seems to be famous for the itch on here. I developed one while using it also and I even had a weird rash :oops: . I think Val was another who had a problem with the itch... I remember asking my CRS if there were any side effects and being told no, but I have read over and over on here of others who have had the itch. Image
Good luck with the Miralax. Another boardies advised me to give it about three days to get the best results. I'm not sure if it takes that long to get in your system or what, but he was right. The first day or two I couldn't see any real difference in it or the Colace, but after the initial period it proved to be much better!
Take care!

Postby val » 24 Sep 2011, 12:19

Oh the diltiazem itch - uggggghhhhh! It was truly horrible! Image
Could you/have you tried nitro instead?
Dawn, what does bomb-diggity mean?? What a really cool word! I love it! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby linda » 24 Sep 2011, 12:55

I tried nitro first for a week but got headaches so doc switched me to diltiazem...then the itch began! It didn't occur to me it could be the diltiazem because the itch down there wasn't on my butt. It couldn't have been irritation from sex because my poor husband isn't getting much of that these day.
I'm off to Walmart now to get some bomb-diggity mirilax! I am also going to the compounding pharmacy (never heard of that till 3 weeks ago) and pick up some finger cot's for the nitro. I saw them on the counter there but couldn't imagine what they were for Image
Not only is the information on this site amazing, but I now have a whole new vocabulary... LIS, CRS, AF, my teenagers would be impressed if it wasn't for the subject...LOL
linda
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2011, 13:06

val wrote:Oh the diltiazem itch - uggggghhhhh! It was truly horrible! Image
Could you/have you tried nitro instead?
Dawn, what does bomb-diggity mean?? What a really cool word! I love it! Image

Hey Val, I was being a little silly! Here's the urban dictionary meaning Image
http://da-bomb-diggity-fo-sho.urbanup.com/1421056
http://da-bomb-diggity.urbanup.com/5706980