LIS & Fissurectomy on 9/30, my results.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS & Fissurectomy on 9/30, my results.

Postby Tim » 03 Oct 2011, 08:51

Glad to read it's going well Tony! Having someone to help is great. I can't wait for this to be over, for all of us! I hear you on wanting to do things...but we've wanted to do them for so long...what's another month or so? Take it easy and rest!
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby TonyStone » 03 Oct 2011, 16:46

Day 4: had a great PM between me and Tim, have been texting my wife non stop since then. Lol. Anyway today has been fairly good, sharp pains every now and then but that was no different then before surgery. Only used ibuprofen again. My main problem today is cleanup. It's hard to use tp when your afraid. Wet tp no good. Sitz bath after BM (hate sitz, but thanks to Netflix and my iPhone I am cranking through shows). BM have been ok, not as painful as I worried. Getting my damn ass clean is a chore. One thing before surgery, metamucil made everything "crisp". Some blood but not terrible. When the heck can I safely sit? I pray the pain stays this manageble. And what the hell can I use to scratch these itchs.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby TonyStone » 04 Oct 2011, 19:27

Day 5: 2 ibuprofen , hard to get clean and some pain now and then but nothing like before. Even went for a pain free drive. Hope this continues (fingers crossed). Staying with Miralax , metamucil etc. Oh yeah. Some discharge and wet farts but that's to be expected.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Tim » 05 Oct 2011, 07:16

Sounds like you are on the mend man. There are going to be odd pains, stings the whole bit but you need to remember there is a new cut there and your good fissure buddy as well. I go back to the doc for my 2 week post-op visit on Friday. I'm hoping to get some good news! I'm actually back at work today in the office. Feels really good...just hope it's not too soon as I'm 12 days out from surgery.
Tim
Salt Bather

Postby TonyStone » 05 Oct 2011, 19:13

Day 6: drove about 40 miles, went to dinner with my wife, did laundry. Took 2 ibuprofen. Overall ok, started having a little burn on my drive home but this was the most I have sat since Friday. Going to take it easy Thursday. Some blood almost every time I wipe but that would be expected. And continuing with Miralax and metamucil. On the gross side, the rear area seems to smell more unpleasant then before surgery. But I guess that is old blood, BM, etc. Gross I know. This has been way better than I thought it would be so far. I want to hug my surgeon.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TonyStone » 05 Oct 2011, 19:16

Tim, I go back to work 10 days after. I cashier at Home Depot and start school in January. Side note. I moved from Ohio to Georgia about a year ago. Was making about 55k at my old job. Job situation isn't as good here. So I cashier at home depot, trying for a networking degree. Moral f story. I am 41, going to school. Get your degree kids.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TonyStone » 05 Oct 2011, 19:20

Tim, I go back to work 10 days after. I work at home depot. Hoping the fact I don't sit will work in my favor. I do start school in Jan, so a new butt will help. 41 in school lol, GET YOUR DEGREE KIDS!
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Tim » 06 Oct 2011, 04:52

Good luck man! I seem to get more pressure standing vs sitting so I did good yesterday all things considered. Back at it today!
Tim
Salt Bather

Postby TonyStone » 06 Oct 2011, 18:34

Day 7: 2 ibuprofen and just uncomfortable to sit very long. 1/2 dose of Miralax am/pm. Discharge and lots of farting. I am amazed out how little pain I have had. Makes me worry something is going to happen.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TonyStone » 07 Oct 2011, 18:53

Day 7: same as yesterday. I am not going to update for a few weeks. Here is my summary. Had the surgery on 9/30 and it has not been bad at all. Pain pre surgery was a 10+, pain after has been 1-2 at worse so far. I am glad I had it done. Hope things keep going well. If you are in pain from a fissure, look into the surgery. Will update next Friday at my two week mark.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist