New to this informative and supportive board

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to this informative and supportive board

Postby Rosa M » 05 Oct 2011, 14:08

I am so glad to hear that you're doing better today, enough to go out for a ride, thats great! Just remember to take it slow stick with the things that will be best for you. I have to remind myself of this eberyday especially when I'm in the kitchen and see something delicious that I'd like to eat but which I know would be bad for me. My diet these days is basically oatmeal, whole wheat bread turkey sandwich, soup and soft fruits. Kinda boring but necessary as I have IBS I think and need to be careful not to eat anything that will affect me badly. I have to drive about 30 minutes tomorrow for my one week post-op appt. I'm kind of nervous because for some reason the dr didn't come to speak with me after the surgery as I expected him to and I started to wonder why not. Those nervous thoughts that run through my mind with all this time on my hands. Wish me luck. I just want to hear from the dr that it is healing fine and nothing else is going on. Lol@the way you had to sit in the car to be comfortable. As long as you didn't have to be on all fours.
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Toby727 » 05 Oct 2011, 15:41

I wish you well tomorrow on your follow up. You could have been like me. My dr called the day after my surgery just to make sure I understood what all he said to me following my surgery. I had to laugh, and told him I didnt remember hearing anything he said because I didnt even remember seeing him after surgery.
I hope you get good news. Let me know how everything goes.
Image No I wasnt on all fours but I think that may have been more comfortable. Be sure to take you a soft pillow to sit on in the car. I hope someone is going with you and your not having to drive.
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Rosa M » 05 Oct 2011, 19:06

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes. Hmm maybe my dr was there to talk to me after and I was out of it? I just remember the nurses and anesthesiologist calling my name and she said I did fine. I will be driving myself tomorrow. I'll be sure to bring my pillow.
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Postby Toby727 » 06 Oct 2011, 18:31

Hi Rosa,
Just wanted to check in on you to see how your day went today. Hope you got some good news from your drs appt.
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Postby Rosa M » 07 Oct 2011, 10:32

Hi Toby, thanks for checking on me. Dr appt went well. It was in the afternoon thankfully because the worst part of my day is always mornings after the fun of BMs. Pain for me generally subsides in the afternoon. Dr said things look good and I don't have to see him for 6 wks. He said my fissure was quite deep. After drs appt, i felt good enough to walk around and shop at Walmart. Even cooked dinner last night and sat at the table to eat instead of the sofa. Dr told me to start adding more fiber. I had a Fiber One bar and I don't know if it was maybe too much of an increase all at once or if i overdid it yesterday but today I am experiencing a lot more discomfort since the 2 BMs this morning. Even though they were part liquid and part solid i felt like I was being stretched and have had that sore bruised feeling all morning. Also felt my fissure again during the BM but not much after. Feels like a little setback but hope not. Going to take it easy today. When do you go back to the dr?
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Postby of all the places to hurt » 07 Oct 2011, 11:10

Hiya Rosa, Glad u have seen Doc :)
My only reservation is these docs recommending more fibre? It does bulk up those bm's. As long as ur taking stool softeners u should be ok. Again, missey here recommends Magnesium supplements, as they work a treat for me and now I don't get that awful spasm and dull ache down there
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Toby727 » 07 Oct 2011, 11:25

Glad to hear everything went well for you yesterday. Sounds like you are on your way to healing. I like you was told my fissure was quite deep. I go back to the dr in a 1 1/2 weeks. I hope to get some good news too.
Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday. Just dont over do it.
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Postby Rosa M » 07 Oct 2011, 11:31

Thanks for the advice Andrea. I'm sorry but tell me aagain what the benefits of magnesium supplements are. is that for soft stool or for healing. I'm still taki.g Miralax and will continue that for a long time but I am going to be careful with fiber.
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here