LIS Surgery Results after 2 1/2 weeks

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Surgery Results after 2 1/2 weeks

Postby Toby727 » 15 Oct 2011, 15:10

Hello Everyone,
I recently had LIS surgery on 10/6/11. I was told by CRS I had a pretty substancial lateral fissure. After several test to rule out any underlying problems such as crohns, IBS, etc and several ointments to try and heal non sugically I decided surgery was my next option.
Prior to 10/6 I was in terrible pain. I couldnt hardly walk, sit, and to go to the bathroom was horrific. There probably wasnt a day that went by since mid August I didnt shed tear due to the pain I was in due to this fissue.
But on 10/6 everything changed for me. I had the LIS Surgery and the constant pain went away. Well at the least the pain from the fissue was gone. I havent felt fissue pain since surgery. Of course I had the normal discomfort and soarness from the incision site but nothing compared to what I was feeling.
However, I sure dreaded the BM's for awhile. I was having pain with these but this has eased up significantly when I reached the 2 week mark. Miralax is such a good friend of mine :) I know I am continuing to heal each day and just have to have patience. I go back to my CRS next week and am hoping he tells me some good news like he can see signs of healing.
I know this will be a slow process to get back to where I want to be but I wouldnt change deciding to have this surgery except to have had it sooner.
I hope others will realize they do not have go through all pain and agony I went through because there are things that can be done to help relieve you of pain and start to heal.
Thanks to everyone here who has given me support and suggestions on how to get through the recovery process. Not sure what I would have done without all of you. I will keep you all updated on my progress in the days to come.
Thanks
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LIS Surgery Results after 2 1/2 weeks

Postby TonyStone » 15 Oct 2011, 17:15

Congrats!
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14