My update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My update

Postby Em » 06 Nov 2011, 01:40

I went back to see the surgeon when I got back from my holiday as I was still bleeding. He examined me and said I didn't have a fissure. I was bleeding when he was examining me and it hurt...
He said I needed another colonoscopy (what joy) as he'd been surprised that my results had come back clear last time I had a colonoscopy as my bowel wall looked mottled and he thought I had crohns.
I went in 2 weeks ago for the procedure.
Then I went back to my doctor with the colonoscopy photos and it said no tumours or pollups (sp?). My doctor didn't seem to recoil like the surgeon had at my bowel wall.
The last week saw the surgeon - results - a superfical fissure he said he'd scraped (or words to that effect). Nothing else came back from the biopsy, the stool sample etc. I was relieved about that.
He also said he'd dilated my anus with his finger (it was bloody sore for a few days after the colonoscopy) and that should help the mottled skin heal (when i asked him).
Anyway, I didn't have blood for a week and was very happy.
This morning i got quite a lot of blood again in the toilet.
:roll:
I didn't feel anxious as it didn't hurt and I know I don't have crohns but it still kind of sucked.
My natropath said she thinks I have a weakness in that area and will give me a tonic to improve vascular strength.
I'm also going to try to get nifidene (0.3%). It has to be compounded here and is expensive - the chemist wasn't sure he could get it so I'll find out Monday.
Em
Salt Bather

Topics: 5