Could use some advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Could use some advice

Postby BosTerLovr » 16 Nov 2011, 22:16

Okay, I'm a 32 year old male with IBS (diarrhea type). Almost two years ago I had an IBS "episode" which led to a blood clot in my anus the next morning, it took 5 long miserable weeks for it to go away. Ever since I had that blood clot, I just havent felt right down there. I occasionally get these sharp pains just inside my anus, kinda like an ant biting me in there. I can go for weeks without any symptoms, then all of a sudden experience them for no reason. I have checked myself when I feel these pains and I cant see or feel any signs of a hemmorhoid, no lumps or bumps anywhere. Sometimes physical activity can bring it on, but sometimes it can come on for no reason. I don't really have pain during a BM, but sometimes I do feel a little sore (raw) afterwards. I have only found blood once, but it was a tiny spec on the toilet paper. I'm on meds for my IBS now and I take Metamucil and Slippery Elm every night. My BM's are mostly normal and I never really have to strain.
Does this seem like it could be a fissure since I dont see any signs of a hemmorhoid? I'm thinking that clot must have made some scar tissue in there that is very sensitive now. Image I do have some Rx hydrocortisone suppositories that do provide relief, but I know it's not good to use them very often.
BosTerLovr

Topics: 1

Re: Could use some advice

Postby FinnsMom » 16 Nov 2011, 22:38

I'm no expert but with most anal fissures you have sharp, tearing pain while having a BM and then very painful spasms for hours afterwards. Everyone is different though. You should probably see a colorectal surgeon who can examine you and tell you for sure. Maybe you have one and it's just small?
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby dwarfs8 » 16 Nov 2011, 23:02

ya, u should c a crs. Normally internal hemms can bleed and also has a pulling, rubbing, raw feeling. If you always have diarrhea, it's also possible that you have a fissure. Whatever it is, don't delay anymore, check out with a CRS soon!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby BosTerLovr » 17 Nov 2011, 00:18

Yeah FinnsMom, I'm thinking it's just a small one, and to me it feels like it's on the side, rather than at the top or bottom like most.
The last CRS I went to was useless. I went to him when I had the clot, his only words were "it's a thrombosed hemorrhoid, it'll go away in a few weeks", yeah, more like 6 weeks! He didn't even give me any meds, I had to get those from my regular doctor.
BosTerLovr

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Nov 2011, 06:20

Hi Bos, wow!! I can't believe they didn't remove the TH. I had one 3 years ago and the Dr. just numbed it and made a tiny incision and took it out. 100% better the next day. How awful to suffer for 6 weeks. I think you should find a new crs and have it checked out. Maybe just a small fissure. Most of us with fissures know the pain 100 on a scale of 1-10... passing shards of glass and major spasms for the rest of the day. No fun...but this forum is awesome, lots of great info here
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby BosTerLovr » 17 Nov 2011, 10:13

Yeah, my TH was a little weird, even though it was "external", it was still just about a 1/4 inch inside to where it couldn't be seen. I think this caused some type of permanent damage.
I forgot to mention, but now if I have even a tiny bit of fecal matter that gets left behind after a BM it will cause irritation. I now get in the shower and squat down with the hand held shower to clean myself (kinda like a bidet). If I put a little Vaseline up in there it helps sometime too.
BosTerLovr

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Nov 2011, 12:07

yeah that sounds like an internal fissure. Mine starts on the inside, comes to the outside and into a skin tag...I use the hand held shower too and just bend over. Literally a pain in the ass. Get yourself checked out!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36