So thankful for this group

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

So thankful for this group

Postby Bambi » 24 Nov 2011, 07:34

Hi all- I haven't been on in quite a while and I vow to change that here very soon. It is Thanksgiving morning here in Colorado and high on my list of things to be thankful for this last year is all of you who helped me through the Botox and my surgery last February. I really don't know what I would have done without you all.
For those of you who don't know me, I had my surgery on Feb. 17. One of the other wonderful things I am thankful for this morning is that I have been doing very well these past few months. I would say, other than my anxiety about the whole process of going to the bathroom (still!), I really am pretty much "back to normal". Yea! There are a few days when I have the slightest bit of leakage after a BM but this happens less and less often, not every day. And it is a tiny tiny speck or something. I feel like the Princess and the Pea character about it! I still have a good system of cleaning myself up and that has been working well. I literally say a prayer every morning on the toilet to ask God for his continued help and then thank him when everything is ok. I definitely have a deep sense of gratitude to Him through all of this.
My husband is also doing well right now, although Monday he has his next cystoscopy to see what is going on inside his bladder and the extensive urine test they send away to look for cancer cells. If things are going well, he will start his next maintenance round of treatments in December for 3 weeks.
My prayers go out to all of you who are still in the midst of this journey. Please know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Bambi :D
P.S. Off to make a veggie casserole, a pie, and cornbread stuffing (or dressing as we Texans call it!)
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: So thankful for this group

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Nov 2011, 12:52

Hey Bambi! It's so nice to hear from you again. Happy Thanksgiving! :D
Thank you for the update. I'm so happy you are doing so well, and that your husband is doing well too. I will pray that all goes very well on Monday.
Deleted User 579