New to forum- advice on recovery from surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to forum- advice on recovery from surgery

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2012, 21:39

Ps...
letitsnow,
Were you able to find out exactly what was done- if a fissurectomy was performed, and are the stitches in your fissure or the LIS wound?

Postby letitsnow » 11 Jan 2012, 10:07

Dilatiazem ointment is what I was prescribed. The first pharmacy I took it to couldn't fill the order...to make a long story short only one pharmacy in our town could fill it so after a long frustrating day I took it to them. The following day I finally got it...They said since it was a Compound RX I had to pay cash for it, they would not bill my insurance...what the heck??? So I had to pay $63 for it! Hopefully, it works...I do not want another surgery.
I used Nitro-bid cream for about six months without any results before the surgery. I really hope this other cream works better. I used my first dose last night. The instructions aren't very clear just like the nitro cream so I had to improvise my application!
I did have LIS and a fissurectomy as you suspected, Dawn. The stitches were used for my LIS wound. He used electrocautery on my fissure. I got a copy of my procedure.
I really like & trust my surgeon. I don't believe he will do another surgery unless it's absolutely necessary. He treated me for almost a year...trying to get my fissure to heal before he finally did surgery. He did mention sending me to get another opinion if my fissure does not heal.
Yes, I have had some spasms that what scares me. And not being able to sit & have a bm like a normal person by now, too.
Thanks so much for your input & support! Image I will keep you posted.
Take Care.
letitsnow
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 15:31

Letitsnow,
I and a few other boardies had the post-op spasms. I and many others on here took the valium temporarily. It was a lifesaver. Things started going up-hill from the first dose. It really is harmless if you use it wisely, in my opinion... I wouldn't recommend taking anything like that over a 2 week period and it most likely wouldn't be needed any longer to get the spasms to settle down... Just a thought! :)
Yes keep us posted!!

Postby letitsnow » 11 Jan 2012, 20:51

Dawn,
I wasn't prescribed any valium. Is it harsh on the stomach?
I don't see my doctor again until the 30th.
I can't take any narcotics like vicodin or percoset...they give me really bad stomach spasms. So I just took was 800 mg. Ibuprofen to get me through this whole ordeal. I just white knuckled it as they say!
I will keep you posted.
Take Care,
Rita
letitsnow
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 21:58

Hey Rita,
There have been quite a few folks in here who used it post-op and I don't recall anyone saying they had problems with it being harsh on their stomach. I had no problems at all. I'm not able to take pain meds either!
I've told quite a few others about the valium who were having the same problems with the post-op spasms and they all seemed to get the same benefits as I did once they started taking it. I just called my CRS and told them I was having spasms still and they called in a low dose of valium to my local pharmacy for me to pick up. There have been some folks in here who weren't offered it by their CRS.
I hope you are able to get some just temporary, just to see if that's the whole problem... I'm sure the spasms are delaying your healing right now since that's the whole reason we don't heal without the surgery. I've heard that they commonly happen with folks who have a little more work down there than just LIS alone...And it's more common with extensive anal surgeries like hemorhoidectomies...
Yes, let me know how things go!