7 weeks post LIS - doing ok but Miralax is forever

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

7 weeks post LIS - doing ok but Miralax is forever

Postby linda » 10 Dec 2011, 13:40

So it has been 7 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling much better than I did with that awful fissure but I am definitely not healed 100%. I tried to wean off the Miralax…big mistake. I think the skin is so thin down there from the months of treatment that any sort of strain causes the skin to get little cracks and cuts that itch and hurt. I don’t have pain from my fissure but I can still feel that cut from the LIS. It isn’t painful like the fissure but it is still there and lets me know it every once in a while with a zing or some itching. My CRS said I can stay on Miralax forever, so that is my new plan. I wonder if a day will ever come where I can just go to the bathroom without that feeling of panic right before.
Good news is I’m back to work all the time and not calling in sick. The stories here are so helpful I just wanted to give an update. I wish everybody a happy, pain free day. Beleive me, the tears are still fresh in my mind Image
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: 7 weeks post LIS - doing ok but Miralax is forever

Postby Guest » 10 Dec 2011, 20:55

Thanks Linda! Great to hear things are going well for you! :)
I'm still scared to stop Miralax completely. I cut down but I don't have the nerve to stop it all together. Image It's been 14 months since my LIS and I still get a little nervous with the bathroom. You would think it would have gone away by now, but I still have a fear of re-tearing.... :roll:

Re: 7 weeks post LIS - doing ok but Miralax is forever

Postby Val76 » 11 Dec 2011, 05:42

I know really what you mean.....I am also better since my AD 1 month ago, but still have this panic when I go to the bathroom, but I have to say that I still have problems because of the PFD. But sometimes I think will I ever be able to go there without having this fear of re-tearing ? I think it is only possible when you never made that horrible experience....when I think about how strong I pushed sometimes before all this happened...because I didn`t know what can happen. My skin is also very sensitive there...2,5 years all this cremes and oils etc. and of course the fissures and skin breaks...that makes the skin weak. I can also not imagine to stop Lactulose...I am too afraid...and I also still eat very healthy and avoid things that can constipate....would be so great to eat without thinking what could happen the next day !!!
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6