Update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Update

Postby Anemone » 22 Dec 2011, 13:17

Sometime in the last 2 or 3 weeks my fissure has healed! I saw the CRS for the first time today and he was very thorough (what fun that was) and said it is healed.
I asked him about the pain I still feel and he explained that this is due to the muscle spasms. He advised me to carry on using the diltiazem and do pretty much what I have been doing. Control the pain which in turn will control the muscle spasms and they will become a thing of the past.
I feel huge relief that the thing has healed, but I'm sure there will be times when it feels as though it's still there (when I used the diltiazem and it burns for example, and still feels quite raw)
Does anyone know how long after healing these spasms go on, and why they do, and is this the norm, or have I got a CRS who is blind (or am I just paranoid and can't accept that it really has healed?)
The last couple of days had been less painful than previously, but I really didn't believe that it was because it has healed!
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Update

Postby Anemone » 26 Dec 2011, 10:49

So here we are 4 days on and I'm not feeling any better. I'm still so sore and couldn't even use the diltiazem yesterday it stung so much.
If I'm supposedly healed then why am I still so sore? I'm kind of at my wit's end with all of this :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby sputnik » 26 Dec 2011, 13:51

sorry what your going through. I've had mine 3months and the last month can't find anything there but the tag. But the last 10 days there is some redness under the skin tag that burns. Even before when i saw nothing there, i still had some burning, but then i have ibd. From what i've read here it takes a long time for it to completely heal, a full year. Just keep up the sitz baths and fiber, water and no pushing. It will start to get better.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Anemone » 28 Dec 2011, 09:24

Thanks Sputnik. An overnight heal would be great wouldn't it, but I guess miracles don't really happen :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby saradev » 28 Dec 2011, 12:21

hey guys.. i do experience the same.. doc said it healed but still pain is dere once in a week or so.. even i think it ll take some more time to get to normal.. am continuing the creams n fiber diet too.. hope it works..!! God knows wat ll happen.. Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Anemone » 28 Dec 2011, 17:37

I'm wondering if the wipes I used on Xmas Day irritated the skin as I've been really sore since then. The last 3 days have got progressively better, and today has been the least painful day, but then this evening I had a BM, slightly looser than usual, and instantly felt back to square one. I've tried the diltiazem for the first time since Xmas Day and it really burns. I'm still doing everything I was including baths and showers instead of wiping plus am taking diazepam at night and magnesium, Vit C etc.
How can this possibly be healed if it feels like it did weeks ago?
I'm seeing my doctor on Friday.
Feel so low :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby saradev » 28 Dec 2011, 22:30

hi anemone ya if it pains soo much den better see a doctor but ma personal opinion i've been visiting doc many times but wat makes me sick is he just pat me off n say nothing is dere continue with the diet n apply cream,, dat really irritates me.. As im in india dere is a ayurvedic herbal medicine dat i take one spoon at night n it makes ma stool loose so pain got reduced subsequently. but still i ve lil pain every now n then.. i hope u dont eat spicy n pizza , burger stuffs Image ..!! then it ll subside soon.. Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Anemone » 29 Dec 2011, 05:48

No, I avoid any spicy stuff, and eat lots of fibre.
It just makes you feel 'at the end of your tether' and I find myself thinking 'I just don't want to go on' which is not good.
How can something so small take over your life?
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Nitsnz » 29 Dec 2011, 14:42

Hi there, I hear you!!!! Yes, I understand you're feeling that it is taking over your life! I feel the same Image It's so painful for so long! I had botox 3 weeks ago, and have been battling this thing for more than 8 months! I don't know how those people cope who have had them for years!
The botox so far I have not noticed any difference in the pain! It was excruciating for at least 8 days because of the re-opening and probably making it worse during the botox, now I'm in pain for hours after every BM but not the Open Wound type pain I had initially after the botox.
It does run your life! I have to organise my life around my BM's, and today had to go this morning (normally I try to time it for the afternoon), which will pretty much put me out of action for the rest of the day! Not great when you have to still continue with day to day stuff! So, I understand completely how you feel! You aren't alone out there! Image
Nitsnz
Fibre Addict

Postby Anemone » 29 Dec 2011, 18:51

I hear you Nits! It does help to vent on here. It really is crappy planning your life around your BMs, and never knowing how you're going to be from one day to the next.
Work is a nightmare :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather