Appt. with General Surgone tomorrow

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Appt. with General Surgone tomorrow

Postby mm92599 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:14

So, possibly against my better judgment, I have scheduled an appt. to see a General Surgeon that I have seen 3 or 4 times in the past for my butt issues. I do not particularly care for this surgeon as he is very rough during exams and he nevers seems to find anything and doesn't offer me any suggestions or options. He is very nice and I appreciate dealing with him, but I don't ever seem to accomplish anything when I see him. The only reason I scheduled this appt was because the CRS that I have seen for 10 years will not see me anymore and I feel as though I have no choice since there are no other CRS' in New Mexico. I scheduled the appt. because I feel as though I am experiencing fissure pain for the past month and it doesn't seem to be improving and is getting worse, if anything. I believe that it is not improving because I strain during bm's each morning even though my stool is soft and actually is probably watery/loose. I can't seem to find the right amount of miralax that makes me soft but not too soft. Anyway, I am dreading this appt. because I usually come out feeling much worse because he is so rough during the exam and even when I have told him to take it easy, he is still just rough. Just not sure if I should cancel, go to the appt and ask him not to do an exam or go to the appt and let him do whatever he wants.
mm92599
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Appt. with General Surgone tomorrow

Postby RedRose80 » 05 Jan 2012, 08:58

Why don't you see someone in a nearby state? Do some research on what doctors are the best and go see them. Your health is #1.
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Appt. with General Surgone tomorrow

Postby grannymaria » 09 Jan 2012, 12:30

Image Have you checked nearby as RedRose asked? There has got to be someone nearby that can check you sweetie.. You don't have to take the pain from anyone :*(.. plz let us know how ur doing.. God bless you..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13