Really bad bruising/swelling

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Really bad bruising/swelling

Postby RedRose80 » 05 Jan 2012, 20:55

Hey all,
Did anyone experience very bad bruising/swelling? At first glance my butt looks fine, but from the anal area all the way around to my vagina the area is bruised (pretty much all black, and I'm fair skinned) and oddly enough one side of my labia is black and blue and double the size of the other. I have been applying icepacks like crazy... did this happen to anyone else?
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Really bad bruising/swelling

Postby dwarfs8 » 06 Jan 2012, 06:56

hmm... did u have LIS? if yes, then incision side can be bruising/swelling i think.
For me, i feel all the weird pain/pinches down there when i have my fissure and piles, but i nv got to look what's up down there.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby RedRose80 » 06 Jan 2012, 10:19

All I know is I had a fissurectomy. What is LIS?
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Postby KarenG » 06 Jan 2012, 12:59

Hi
My partner has just had a LIS (Lateral internal sphincterotomy) and the side where the cut has been made is very bruised (almost black like you mention). Well its bruised all around his anus but one side is much more bruised than the other. Not sure why. We have assumed that they have to use something like a clamp to keep your cheeks apart during the surgery and thats what has caused it.
KarenG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2012, 21:44

Hey RedRose,
I had a lot of bruising with my LIS too. I think that's pretty common with any anal surgery. Karen is right, they use a clamp...

Postby Biggerthanafissure » 08 Jan 2012, 09:29

Diagnosed for 10 days and the bruising and swelling is terrible. Not too much pain with a BM, just can't walk with the swelling and pain. Looks like it is on one cheek and runs down towards vagina. Next step Botox of approved.
Biggerthanafissure

Postby RedRose80 » 08 Jan 2012, 19:56

So it's about 5 days after my surgery (mine was this past Wednesday and now it's Sunday night) and the swelling has gone down a lot in the last two days. My labia is now normal again so I can urinate without trouble (thank god). But I still can't sit on my butt.
RedRose80
Fibre Addict