manual help?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: manual help?

Postby grannymaria » 11 Jan 2012, 17:21

Sweet- do u ever eat meat sweetie? Or just veggies? Maybe is why ur weak ?? Take care
Working - hang in there sweetie- I'm getting alot of advice from here :) thank u all
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 11 Jan 2012, 19:54

Hi, granny -
No, I'm not eating any meat right now. I don't like red meat, anyhow - but I'm afraid to eat ANY meat, for fear that my BMs might be bulky or heavy . . .
I am taking supplements, plus iron, in addition to the rest of my diet.
Right now, I would love to eat a bowl of linguini with pasta sauce . . . but of course, I won't. :(
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 11 Jan 2012, 20:01

Sweet,
I've been using the catelli smart pastas when I cook. They have inulin added to them so they are very high fiber.
I don't eat too big a bowl, but I've had no problems since I started to use these pastas. Much nicer than the whole wheat pastas I was trying to eat before. :roll:
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 11 Jan 2012, 20:44

woi -
Wow, I need to find that type of pasta! Would a regular grocery store sell it? Or a store like Whole Foods?
Also, what type of sauce do you use with it? I would be happy with just olive oil and salt, if need be.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 11 Jan 2012, 21:35

I buy it at a regular store. I don't think Whole foods sells it. The boxes are kinda purply-red. Side of the box says 8g of fiber per 85 g of pasta. I just make a sauce with tomato sauce and add my own herbs and vegetables. My daughter likes it with meatballs.
It really tastes a lot like the regular not-enough-fiber kind of pasta. -woi
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Jan 2012, 01:08

Thanks, woi -
I'll definitely look for it - or, I'll ask my husband to do so. God bless him, he's been doing the shopping for me, because I haven't felt like it. Anyhow, one of us will find it - or I'll look online.
Pasta/noodles are my favorite dishes - but I'm definitely going to have to change the type I cook.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 12 Jan 2012, 13:24

Yes, my husband has been a dear too. Poor guy. This whole thing kinda puts a crimp in the romance side of our marriage to say the least!
But he never complains and is totally understanding.
Ah well, 'this too shall pass' as they say, and things can get back to normal eventually. -woi
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Jan 2012, 15:53

woi -
I can't remember - did you mention how long you've been suffering? I've had a set-back today, and it seems like I will never be over this.
I'm trying to be patient, trying to stay on course, trying not to lose what's left of my mind . . . but it's not easy. I've been going through this for three months now. :(
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 12 Jan 2012, 16:12

Sweet,
I honestly don't know. At least 6 months on and off. I thought is was a hemorrhoid because of the sentinel tag. Last year I thought I had what was an external hemorrhoid snipped off, but I think the doctor wasn't being very informative. Now I wonder if it was a sentinel tag and I had had a fissure back then too. I don't get the spasms and deep pain a lot of people here are getting. I just feel sore now and then, especially after a BM. But I never had constipation so there's no smoking gun in my case. It's a mystery that will probably never be solved.
I'm so sorry you had a setback today! Hope things settle out quickly for you. Did you go for a walk at all?
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Jan 2012, 16:22

woi-
No, no walk yet, today. I'm kind of waiting for my son to go back to school (this next Tues.), following his lengthy Christmas break. It's not that I don't want to walk with him - but I'd rather be by myself, with quiet, able to keep my own pace.
This morning - after a very careful diet yesterday (which I've been on for almost 2 wks) - my BM was okay, until a rather explosive ending. Sorry, I know it's TMI.
Anyhow, I'm sore now - sore and so disgusted by this! --- My soreness tends to last the day - it doesn't go down too much, unless I've having that weird "buzzing" feeling down below.
I'll see my doctor next week, but I'm still not thinking I want surgery. I'm considering the standardized AD, if this doesn't heal up by itself, fairly soon. I just don't know how long I should give myself (to heal on my own) . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure