Oh dear and oh my!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Oh dear and oh my!

Postby Jenbug » 17 Jan 2012, 22:22

They did test me and I'm not intolerant. There is a history of IBS/IBD/Crone's in my family, so I'm just unlucky in the tummy department!
I've noticed that it's not really what I eat that triggers my IBS. It's emotions and just general stress levels.
I still haven't given up black tea. Coffee was hard enough!
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby workingonit » 17 Jan 2012, 22:52

Funny you should mention stress levels jenbug,
I've been noticing that when I am stressed, my AF feels worse.
Lately my daughter is driving me up the wall. Usually in the evening, and I feel like all the good healing I did during the day is gone just like that. -sigh-
She's not even a teenager yet!
Oh well, must go and meditate and drink some chamomile tea. :roll:
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Jan 2012, 22:56

woi - Stress is terrible on a person.
I know that all the stress in my life doesn't help me, in any way. I could go on and on about it - but suffice it to say, I would love to have several months in Hawaii, lying on a beach, doing nothing, with no one wanting anything from me (and no, I wouldn't get tired of it, lol).
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 18 Jan 2012, 14:19

sweet-
same, except I would bring my paints with.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2012, 10:51

Keep in mind you can test negative for gluten intolerance, which will really only come back if you are suffering with full blown celiac disease, but still have problems with gluten sensitivity and wheat intolerance. A better test is to go totally gluten free for at least a month and see if it makes a difference. I tested negative, but eliminating gluten has made a huge difference in my body. A new book out describes why we are seeing so many problems with digesting gluten and wheat and it has to do with the way wheat has been hybridized and genetically modified over so many years that it bears no resemblance to what earlier humans were using, and our digestive systems are not equipped for digesting it. Very interesting book ... It is called "Wheat Belly"

Postby Jenbug » 27 Jan 2012, 13:22

good to know I guess? I don't really eat anything that would have gluten in it..I mostly stick with brown rice, sushi, chicken and vegetables.
On occasion I will have a cookie, but I think going a month without gluten is a bit of an overreaction to something that I tested negative for. But that's my opinion.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements