Oh dear and oh my!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Oh dear and oh my!

Postby Jenbug » 12 Jan 2012, 15:07

Does anyone else have cravings for things really bad for them around their time of the month?? I can't help it! I start having dreams about chili cheese fries and steak.
Help me! I need to think about salad or sushi or a lovely veggie and chicken stir fry! But this evil sizzling steak keeps crawling into my head! Image
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Re: Oh dear and oh my!

Postby Jenbug » 12 Jan 2012, 20:44

I broke and got a steak chopped salad..but so far so good.
Even found Earl Grey tea for my keurig while we were out! I thought I was stuck with the contraption taking up counterspace till this ordeal is under control lol
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 00:31

Jenbug -
You're not the only person who fell off the wagon! - I had a bowl of pasta tonight. Now, I was NOT going to let myself do it . . . but I did.
I sure hope I don't pay for it in the morning.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 05:49

Wauw ! Take care sweeties n keep us posted if there are any consequences :( I'm new with this fissure n I'm learning a lot here, God bless u all. I've been craving a hamburger but am scared :( hugs
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Jenbug » 13 Jan 2012, 09:37

So a night went by after my steak and I'm fine. Well as fine as I normally am, but nowadays there is no difference between a veggie/brown rice/chicken night and a fall off the wagon night with the IBS.
The things I do notice make a difference is coffee and alchohol. But a steak or a burger every once in awhile seems to be ok for my system at least.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 10:23

I've heard that coffee is bad for a fissure. I don't drink it, so it would make no difference in my case.
My policy is just to avoid any and all heavy foods. --- I, too, have IBS - but I think an AF is harder to cope with.
We certainly don't need both at the same time!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 15 Jan 2012, 12:59

just wondering,
Sweet, have you or Jenbug had the blood test for gluten intolerance? I've been reading how it often causes IBS.
I've wondered off and on if I am a bit gluten intolerant since my pregnancy. I went from being semi-constipated, to semi-the-opposite. I've been wondering if I could get my doctor to authorize the blood test, but then I feel like I'm being a hypochondriac :roll:
-woi -I miss coffee so much
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 13:04

woi - ya know, I haven't, but I'm wondering about that, because since I've changed my diet for this fissure, I haven't had a single episode of acid reflux or IBS problems. That certainly tells me something . . .
Sorry you miss the coffee! That's one thing I never cared for - although when my husband brews it for himself, I kinda like the aroma that fills the kitchen. My hubs is a coffee-aholic.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby grannymaria » 17 Jan 2012, 20:52

I miss coffee too but now I'm drinking tea - chamomille
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby workingonit » 17 Jan 2012, 22:13

Hey Maria,
I drink a lot of chamomile too. I also like this korean tea made from roasted barley.
In the morning I drink Koiboos, which tastes a lot like strong black tea, but no caffeine and less tannins than regular tea, or even green tea.
Funny, I thought I'd miss chocolate more than coffee, but winter mornings are so dark still up here in Canada.
Hope you have a restful night.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements