Recommendations for good CRS in AZ, TX, CO or CA?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Recommendations for good CRS in AZ, TX, CO or CA?

Postby mm92599 » 16 Jan 2012, 13:15

I live in New Mexico where we have only 2 certified CRS' in the state. The CRS that i have seen for several years will not do LIS on me because of the incontinence risk and because I have any underlying chronic rectal pain condition and levator spasm and pelvic floor dysfunction. But I also develop fissures occasionally and am thinking of LIS to at least deal with the fissure issue once and for all. I found a CRS in Dallas by the name of Dr. Cloud that I have corresponded with and he is someone I could go to for an LIS consult, but was just wondering if anyone has had LIS in AZ, TX, CO or CA or knows of any top notch surgeons in those areas that they could suggest. If I decide to get this done, I want the best doc possible. I know that Dr. Cloud has many years of experience and seems to know his stuff about LIS so if anyone is familiar with him and has some feedback, please let me know. Thanks.
mm92599
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Recommendations for good CRS in AZ, TX, CO or CA?

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 16 Jan 2012, 13:26

mm, let me know if you find anyone in CA, because that's where I live. I'll do the same, btw. I have a crs - but I don't know his LIS history. I hope to find that out this week when I see him.
I'd like my fissure problem to be over, once and for all, too. I've about had it with this stuff. --- So, I'm trying to do some research, too.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Grateful Ed » 18 Jan 2012, 20:46

Hey there- If you're near Sacramento I heard Dr James Myers is good (32 years experience). I can attest the Dr. Amit Goyal isn't that great. They're both in the Sacramento Colon & Rectal Surgery Group. Best doctor I've talked with yet is Dr Brett Hubbard in Portland- he's amazing.
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 22:38

Ed, thanks for the info. --- Dr. Myers is only about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. north of me - so, if I absolutely need to go up there, it's not unmanageable.
I'm going to see my crs tomorrow - he's been in the game for awhile, so I hope I get a good feeling after talking with him about all of this.
We shall see.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11