1 week post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

1 week post LIS

Postby Sue1962 » 16 Jan 2012, 22:09

So here I am 1 week after surgery. I can't believe it has been a week already, but what a week it has been. I am sooo happy. I feel great!!! For those of you following my posts and are thinking or scheduled for surgery. It is the best thing you will ever do in your life!!! For me it is like hitting the lottery!!! I can't believe I have suffered for so long when this was as easy as it was. The pain from my fissure and spasms was 100% worse than my post op discomfort!! I was given a prescription for percocet upon my release from the hospital after surgery, never even opened the bottle. My bottle of Advil worked just fine, as a matter of fact I haven't taken any of that today. Today I spent the day at the mall shopping, yes shopping!!! Something I haven't done without pain for 3 years. I had a blast and bought way too much...LOL, I cooked dinner and did some laundry. Had 2 nice soaks in the tub, I am not ready to give that up. Not for my butt anymore, just really relaxing. I have had 0 discomfort today, the swelling is almost completely gone and my bruise is almost gone too. I was so filled with anxiety about the surgery but I just couldn't live in pain anymore. The surgery is a breeze, the first few days are a little rough, trying to get back in your poop routine and swelling and soreness, but if you just lay around don't do a thing, get in the tub for at least 20min I did 4x a day until Saturday, pamper your butt, eat well. You will be on the road to a pain free life. I only wish I did this sooner, but live and learn. I had two LIS vets on here helping me, and holding my hand the whole time. They listened to my b*&ch, answered my questions and gave me the courage to have my surgery. Most people when they are healed, they don't come on here anymore. They don't need the support, but I feel, people do need support from the ones who have gone through it and since I had 2 angels, Dawn and Hope, get me to where I am now, I will be sticking around too. I am just not going to be posting my daily progress b/c really there is nothing to post. I have my life back and I wish nothing but the same for all of you. Don't suffer if you don't have to, if your fissure is chronic and you can't take it anymore, surgery is scary but well worth it. If you are acute, try everything you can to heal it. And that my friends is it. I am soooo glad to be on the other side and pain free, and back in the land of living....Life is again very good!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: 1 week post LIS

Postby Mike530 » 17 Jan 2012, 10:31

great to hear sue, I see another CRS for a second opinion in a few weeks. Hopefully they recommend surgery!
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby grannymaria » 17 Jan 2012, 11:47

Image Thanks Sue! Image This is very encouraging - knowing that you will stick with us here sweetie.. Thanks so much.. I too, when I can say this pain is over, will also stick around and encourage others like you and others are doing..
God bless you all.. Hugs :)
ps: how u like my avatar? it's my "AF meds bag" - lol - got the idea from the jokes section -- I don't have a make up bag since I can't put any chemicals on my body at the present, but this "AF" bag I carry with me everywhere I go :(
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 12:05

Good luck Mike, I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Maria...LOL too funny. Love the pic. I too had a AF bag and threw it all in the trash the other day. I will not miss it one bit!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Jan 2012, 13:12

Sue - What did your doctor say about the fissure healing?
Does a fissure just start to heal on its own, once the LIS has been done? --- I'm trying to figure this out, because I'm getting ready to face my crs in two days.
BTW, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I very much want to be at that point, too.
And please don't leave us permanently!! I'm going to discuss my options with my crs, and I'd like to hold your hand throughout the process, if it comes to surgery . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 07:42

Hey SB, yes the fissure starts to heal once LIS is done, b/c the spasms stop allowing blow flow back to the area and the healing can begin. It feels better right away, but it takes a long time for it to heal completely. I am not going anywhere yet. Paying it forward...I guess we will all leave eventually, but I am not ready yet.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby workingonit » 23 Jan 2012, 10:29

Hey Sue,
Good luck with going back to work today!
Hope the day flies by for you and is stress free.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sue1962 » 24 Jan 2012, 16:37

Thanks WOI
I was exhausted when I got home!! Kind of a long day,but no problems.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 24 Jan 2012, 16:40

That's good, Sue -
I've been wondering if you're okay. I assume and hope you are.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11