6 months of discomfort

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 6 months of discomfort

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 19:28

Yes, dull, ache pressure and the longer it happens the worse it got for me. It got so bad it felt like I had a golf ball there and it would draw up so tight a prybar wouldn't open it if I tried.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby andyioudt » 17 Jan 2012, 19:32

Alright. I'm pretty new to the terminology. I associate "spasm" with uncontrolled muscle contraction, something I'm sure I've gone through at times causing pain. Right now it just feels like I'm sitting on a fresh wound.
Thanks guys for responding.
andyioudt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby reckless » 18 Jan 2012, 08:05

I have similar symptoms. I can't sit without pain and can only lie on my left side without pain. Lying flat or on my right causes pain, I believe I have a fissure on the right side.
I also have the constant rectal pressure. It was even worse before I massaged my sphincter muscles.
I'm seeing a CRS in one hour, I hope he finds something.
reckless
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby andyioudt » 18 Jan 2012, 10:13

reckless wrote:I have similar symptoms. I can't sit without pain and can only lie on my left side without pain. Lying flat or on my right causes pain, I believe I have a fissure on the right side.
I also have the constant rectal pressure. It was even worse before I massaged my sphincter muscles.
I'm seeing a CRS in one hour, I hope he finds something.

For me it doesn't matter what side I lay on, even on my stomache, there's always this pain.
What did the CRS say? Can you give an update? I'm interested in anything related to this at the moment.
Andy.
andyioudt
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 11:31

Andy - FWIW, I see my crs tomorrow.
I'm going to discuss everything with him - as much as I can possibly think of. I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Last night I lay down, just to rest from all of this, and my bottom burned and burned.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby reckless » 18 Jan 2012, 12:13

I saw the CRS, I'm so disappointed with his findings.
He said there was no fissure, no scar tissue.
He said my sphincter was not tight.
But it is tight, because I cannot pass wind silently. This clearly indicates a tight sphincter.
My pelvic floor physiotherapist said she could feel some scars, and when she pressed them it reproduced the pain I felt.
The CRS also managed to find the spot but said there was nothing there. I think he's wrong.
He's given me some diltiazem cream.
I will use this for the meantime and wait for my NHS appointment.
I'm still burning from his examination.
Is it possible he could have missed it?
He did use the camera to check.
reckless
Salt Bather

Postby andyioudt » 18 Jan 2012, 12:20

Having browsed through this board intensively the past few days, I have noticed that unfortunately it's not uncommon for doctors to miss fissures. I think my doctor missed them a few times.
If you can reproduce pain when you press a certain area, there must be something there, right? There can't be just nothing there; that's beyond common sense.
andyioudt
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 18 Jan 2012, 12:42

The CRS that I saw didn't find a fissure either. And I agree, if you press on a point and it hurts, you'd think they would look at that place. That is what happened with me. He found a place where he 'replicated the pain' and then told me that I possibly just had a 'sensitive rectal passage'...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 12:43

reckless -
When my AF recurred this past Oct., I went to see a crs (Dr. L) - and he said my fissure was fine (he's the one who found my AF the first time, 3 yrs. ago) - and he said he didn't know what was causing my pain - perhaps a muscle strain. ??? He prescribed the nitro ointment, anyway, but did not ask me to come back. It was a disappointing appt, because I had zero answers from him.
In November, I then went to see my second crs (Dr. C) who performed my colonoscopy 3 yrs ago - and he said I had an AF. He prescribed cream (which didn't do well for me) and said to come back if the AF continues to bother me.
So, how can one crs say my AF is fine, but the other says I have one (indicating that it is what is causing my pain) ???
I don't know about these guys, sometimes. If you're able to get a second opinion from another crs, maybe he'll be able to help you.
I see Dr. C tomorrow. I'm already upset and nervous about this - and I hope he doesn't just prescribe cream and send me home. I've had about enough of this nightmare.
So, yes, it is possible he could have missed it, IMO. These darn doctors are enough to drive us crazy, let alone the misery of having an AF.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby reckless » 18 Jan 2012, 12:44

Hi andyioudt,
Yes I hope you are right. He even said that my sphincter was not tight. I think this is because I had to sit down whilst waiting to see him. When I sit down the pain kicks in and the tightness goes away. This was my mistake, I should have stood up while waiting for him.
Anyway, at least he has given me the cream. I doubt I will be going back to him again.
The must be something there, my pelvic floor physiotherapist clearly said she could feel scars/tears. She knows some colorectal surgeons and I will go to them next.
reckless
Salt Bather

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion