Well this is bad!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Well this is bad!

Postby Jenbug » 19 Jan 2012, 22:29

My CRS couldn't get me in before the 16th, but they promised to call me if there's any cancellations.
The severe pain has subsided, but blood/orange oil fluid is coming out anally again and a little out of a pin sized hole where the abscess was.
Why can't Dr's just get their crap together? Why tell me it's healed and it's just scar tissue when it obviously isn't now? I'm beyond angry. I'm livid. I'm so livid when I was doing dishes I got so angry with just everything I threw a plate against a wall.
To make matters worse, insurance is saying that this isn't necessary and they won't cover anything further. So even if I have to have surgery, or even see a doctor for this problem again, I better have the cash up front!
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Re: Well this is bad!

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Jan 2012, 08:15

Oh Jennbug I am so sorry you have to go through this. Sounds like your fistula opened again. I just can't believe they won't get you in before that, especially considering your history!! Sheesh, not necessary?? So, the insurance companies now know what is and isn't necessary. Managed care sucks!! I would definately fight that. I hope you feel better soon, and they call you with an appt. quicker than the 16th.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 20 Jan 2012, 10:56

Oh, Jenbug -
I'm so, so sorry about your difficulties!! That's just awful - and it's made worse by the fact that you also have to keep dealing with drs, insurance, and now the cash issue.
I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. This whole thing - anal/rump issues - is so hard to deal with.
Please hang in there. Let us know what happens. --- Darn these doctors! I'm just about fed up with all of them.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 20 Jan 2012, 12:39

Jenbug: talk to someone in the insurance department - you can appeal something like this sweetie..
Hope ur feeling better..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Jenbug » 20 Jan 2012, 15:28

I got in to see the CRS this morning and he said the fistula opened back up again. But he also said that since it was a sterile abscess and drainage, he wanted to wait awhile and control the IBS a little more before exploring the idea of a plug for it.
He was pleased at how well the fissures were starting to heal, but concerned at the weight loss despite the fact I've been eating more.
I weighed in at 110 last he saw me and was 97 this time around.
He understood about the insurance and said we would find a way around them and only charged me $40 for the visit on a sliding scale.
I was told to take it easy and relax, and I expressed my concern with having a desk job and how much pressure there was after sitting for 8 hours in a computer chair, even with a pillow. He said I should look into getting an exercise ball to sit in and working from home if that was possible so I can walk around a bit more and wear looser clothing.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 20 Jan 2012, 18:26

Well, Jenbug - how did you feel about your visit?
Did you feel that your doctor knows what he's doing? I ask because I'm not sure I'm satisfied with my doctor visit yesterday . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby wecc » 20 Jan 2012, 19:40

Many asked me if an AD is just as good as a LIS and has a very good success rate with much less problems, why are not CRS offering this in the states.....gee I read all the posts like this and you wonder why?
I am very sorry for what you are going though Jenbug! I can say as a very proud american, who was an officer and served many years in different hell holes around the world...I get dame pissed off when profits and busines get in the way of helping people, and do not kid yourself in that unlike many other developed countries, health care is very big business here and profits do indeed get in the way of what should be the main goal.
Do not get me wrong, there are some very caring doctors, who hands are tied simply because of our health care systems and managered care...
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Jan 2012, 20:45

I totally agree with Wecc. Like I said in my previous post, managed care sucks and I would fight this tooth and nail!!! It is not the Drs. fault it is the health care system. Your CRS sound like he is on top of things. I hope this gets better for you. Hang in there.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Jenbug » 22 Jan 2012, 11:54

I don't know how I feel about the appointments. On one hand, I know whats wrong with me and I feel like this will be taken care of. But on the other hand, when? I feel like I could have had the fistula already taken care of and that would be that, but maybe I just want things done and over with..sorta like the line in the supermarket.
I did file for an appeal, but after speaking to them on the phone, the surgery for a fistula itself is elective since the condition isn't life threatening.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Jan 2012, 14:12

Thank God my LIS was covered, it was elective but my insurance covered it. I don't get it...You are supposed to live with it forever?? according to the ins co. No it isn't life threatening but you do risk infection and problems. Seems like they would cover the preventative instead of the the long term problems that it could cause down the road.
Sue1962
Fissureologist