Weight Loss

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Weight Loss

Postby Davo » 20 Jan 2012, 03:17

Hi,
I know there has been a number of posts about this in the past but my weight loss since getting this fissure is incredible. I am losing around1-2 pounds per week with zero exercise. I am 6ft and my target weight for the past ten years or so has been 175lb (which i have never achieved even whilst dieting and heavy gym use). This morning i jumped on the scales and i weigh 168lbs - I am starting to look a bit too thin and my ribs are starting to show!
If i stayed around this weight i would not be too bothered but i get the feeling i am going to continue losing weight for the foreseable future. Is everybody else the same?
Davo
Last edited by Davo on 21 Jan 2012, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wording error
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Weight Loss

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Jan 2012, 07:32

Hey Davo. I think everyone on here has lost weight. I had lost 25 lbs, which is good, but sure wish I didn't have to do it that way. I must say, I was a little heavier than what I wanted to be, now at 145lbs, I am where I want to be. Now that I am healing, I hope I can keep it off...LOL For all the money I spent on creams, lotions, wipes, ointment, I could have bought a new wardrobe, which I have had to do anyway.. I am maintaining and haven't lost anymore, but I did have surgery so
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby saradev » 20 Jan 2012, 07:44

ya evenn i started to show ribs.. everyboday keeps askin wat happend to u y u lost soo much of weight.. this really makes me worry.. i eat lot of healthy food..still in weight loss.. doc gave me "Well women tablet" she said its a nutritional supplement... i was 124 lbs .. and now am 112 lbs.. Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Jenbug » 20 Jan 2012, 16:12

I was 110 and now I'm 97. While I could always see my ribs and hips, this is getting a bit out of control. I've stopped exercising as I get sore when I do.
I've been thinking about getting those ensure shakes..
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby sterlingbird » 20 Jan 2012, 16:30

I lost from 168 to 130. I wore 14/16 size pants and just ordered a 8 for my new work pants. I have always been skinny (I am tall) and was proud of that weight it took me years to put on. I am hoping to pick this weight back up. It is certainly a hell of a way to lose it.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby dwarfs8 » 20 Jan 2012, 22:54

I lost about 6-7kg aftwr I got my fissure and everyone is asking wat happened to me and tryin to get some tips from me! Haha... I'm looking much better that's y. I think if fissure has thot me anything, is that losing weight is about eating healthily, once u started on that, ur body will thank you for taking pressure off ur body and also helping ur cells and organs to work better.
Nothing of concern seriously and if u overweight, all the more u shld b thankful that your weight is now undercontrolled. Unless u r underweight then mayb u nd to alter ur diet to include more healthy carbs. Pls don't push urself to exercise during fissure days!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby workingonit » 27 Jan 2012, 21:50

When I was recovering from Ativan/Lorazepam, I was so nauseous for months, that I hardly ate anything. I just ate very plain plain foods. I lost 30 pounds in just a couple weeks and it was pretty scary, but then I stabilized. So it was definitely all about caloric intake. So long as I didn't eat any less than I was, I would stay at that weight. Now I eat a better diet, I have put back on almost 10 lb. But I don't eat as much as I used to so I never put it all back on.
I rarely finish what's on my plate. I try to eat slower and chew more, and even if the meal is divine, if I am full, I push the plate away.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Savaici » 28 Jan 2012, 13:39

I too have lost weight, from 145lbs to 125lbs, and am steady with what I am eating at the weight. I am 5'5". I don't each much, but it is high calorie. If you are losing weight, and not eating less, then it is something to talk to your doctor about. :)
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Mrs.inpain » 29 Jan 2012, 07:25

Same here, I was a steady 160 for years an the day of my surgery I was at 133.
Mrs.inpain
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2012, 12:26

I lost around 48 lbs in 8 months. I quit weighing after I reached 112 lbs.