anal fissures help and advice please

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fissures help and advice please

Postby washburnla604 » 22 Jan 2012, 12:08

terrasil cream is this any good?nitroglycerin in aquaphor0.2%?just doing research.hope any advice will help.many thanks to you all !!
washburnla604

Topics: 1

Re: anal fissures help and advice please

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Jan 2012, 13:43

Hey Washburnla, sorry I can't give any advice on the terrasil, I have never heard of it. NTG, many use on here, and besides a mild headache in the beginning it works ok. I use it and also Nifedipine. They worked for a few months and then stopped. I had my AF pain and spasms on/off for 3 years with the past 8 months being crippling. I caved and had LIS on 1/9/12, and that is the only thing that has ever helped!! I wish I did it like 2 years ago, b/c of all the pain I have suffered. The surgery has given me my life back. All I can say is try the creams if you are early into your fissure, sometimes they will relax that sphincter so you can heal. Eat lots of high fiber foods for soft BM's incorporate Miralax or whatever stool softner works for you and drink lots of water. I hope you get some answers on the Terrasil.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby washburnla604 » 23 Jan 2012, 03:54

many thanks sue1962
washburnla604

Postby Savaici » 23 Jan 2012, 08:20

From what I can see by looking on Google, Tetrasil contains jojoba oil. Could not find much else. I did not try this, though have tried things like Dr Wheatgrass which contains alcohol and burned my skin. I would go with what your doctor prescribes. Best of luck.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby grannymaria » 25 Jan 2012, 12:11

Washburnla604 - Savaici is right - the docs know why they prescribe different meds sweetie.. If u feel uncomfortable, you can ask the pharmacist- they are more informed of such meds and they have access to databases that can inform you further.. hang in there and God willing all these fissures are out of systems forever!
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby washburnla604 » 26 Jan 2012, 02:27

thank you for advice and your time
washburnla604

Postby Davo » 26 Jan 2012, 07:19

Hi washburnla604,
I have never heard of terrasil cream but reading up on the internet its just a skin healing cream and if i am honest i dont think it will make much difference. I have been using aloe vera gel on and off which helps soothe things a little if anything else.
The only cream/ointment that has had a positive effect on me is GTN (others call it NTG or nitro) - this is normally only prescribed for chronic fissure of six weeks or more.
The most important thing in my opinion is to only eat soft food and drink lots of water as the fissure wont heal without this.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby dwarfs8 » 27 Jan 2012, 19:33

hi there, i've not heard of terrasil cream as well, but the rule of thumb it's not to put any steriod cream on ur fissure as prolonged use wld only thin out the skin on it, which certainly in common sense may introduce retears in future. U may google abt terrasil.
i would however encourage u to use GTN/nitro/diltzem cream given usually by the CRS. it's expensive but it works to relax ur spasms, achieving the same as LIS, but it's temporary. U need to only apply it externally, which some people wld still get headaches from nitro/gtn. GTN didn't help to heal me though.
However like Davo said, the key is having soft stools all the time. You may like to take a look at this thread "my success story"
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Jan 2012, 19:16

Hey washburn,
I used all the creams and they only worked temporarily!!! They are supposed to relax the sphincter like Dwarfs said, but it is not the same as LIS!!! I had LIS and it has been a miracle for me. No pain no, no spasms and back to a normal life. Where I am not living in the tub, eat what I want and not fearing the morning BM. All I can say, is I wish I did it 2 years ago..If LIS is an option you may want to think about it. There is no reason to suffer any longer than you have to, and always worrying about the next tear. That can all be a distant memory!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36