Possible fast cure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Possible fast cure?

Postby yosemitesam » 24 Jan 2012, 07:25

KTC is a lot cheaper. Found the tub on mysupermarket & was going to post a link but I'm new, so I'm not allowed to post links for 7 days. It was Ј1.69 for 500ml tub from Tesco & Ј2.19 from Asda. It's about Ј1 to buy it in a bottle from an Asian shop.
Thanks for the info about Aloe Vera, Davo. I'd seen it mentioned on another thread. That person used the capsules so I bought some from Holland & Barratt. I saw that gel you linked to above, but it said external use only, so I thought I'd better go with the capsules since that was what I went in there for. Wish I'd seen your post before then because I'd have been reassured about trying that one on my fissure.
yosemitesam
Fibre Addict

Postby Davo » 24 Jan 2012, 07:29

Hi yosemitesam
I actually apply GTN internally and aloe vera externally (straight afterwards) and it does seem to make a difference.
I also apply vaseline before a BM
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

coconut oil

Postby electric jaws » 24 Jan 2012, 08:48

just spent about Ј7.17 for a 250ml tub from amazon.co.uk it is extra virgin coconut oil ,made by sun (something or other!) a pink and white label comes in two sizes,i was using some aloe vera but after a week and a half felt no different,am still on rectogestic ,does give me headache feel i want to try the coconut oil to see if there is a difference as pain driving me mad looked at holland and barratt and it was twice the price
electric jaws
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby yosemitesam » 24 Jan 2012, 10:49

I've been blocked up for about a fortnight & it's seriously aggravated my fissure. I've been desperate for some way of soothing my pain in between tries (iykwim) while actually getting things moving. I've tried the aloe vera capsules for a few days but suffered a miserable night last night, waking in pain every couple of hours, so decided to look for another solution. I somehow applied some coconut oil a couple of times today and have finally managed a proper BM. I feel like dancing with joy because I feel so much better on the one hand. On the other hand, I'm in agony since my fissure is now aching. The coconut oil really did seem to lubricate things from the other end. I've applied some coconut oil again and I'm able to sit slightly uncomfortably, which is amazing compared to past flare ups. Getting to a standing position though is not so nice. I'll have to see how I fare tonight before I know if the coconut oil is the godsend it seems so far.
yosemitesam
Fibre Addict

Postby RoudyAudi » 24 Jan 2012, 15:44

Yosemitesam, you gotta keep using it. Even if you need to use other things for the pain all that. I'm tellin you keep using the coconut oil as well. It will help you. It's really done wonders for me. If anything, drink it. Put some in a smoothie or some juice. Whatever you want. That will probably help and maybe a little faster. Cause I've only used it for almost 10 days now. And I pretty much feel nothing. I get a tiny bit of BM pain and that s about it. Other than that it feels like it did before the fissure.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 24 Jan 2012, 16:17

Yosemitesam,
Have you tried any stool softeners, yet? - I mean, like Miralax, etc.? I don't know if you have that in the UK . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby yosemitesam » 25 Jan 2012, 06:51

Sleeping was fine last night, but I had very painful & small BM today so I'm very sore again. I have kept applying it but haven't tried drinking it. How much do you drink, RoudyAudi? If I get the amount right, I'm hoping I'll have smooth enough movements to not need to push much, which will greatly improve my fissure's healing process.
yosemitesam
Fibre Addict

Postby yosemitesam » 25 Jan 2012, 07:01

I have seen that we've got Movicol which is the equivalent to Miralax in the UK, but I need to see my gp for a prescription so I'll need to make an appointment. I've been having lots of fibre & water over the past few days so my latest poo was actually quite soft. It's just extremely painful due to the fissure. I was a bit worried about visiting my gp since they always seem to give you laxatives. I've only just discovered this website though, so I'm now armed with info about Movicol so I'll need to make that gp appointment.
yosemitesam
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 25 Jan 2012, 09:50

Roudy,
Do you think the coconut works better than other lubricants because of it's antiviral and antibacterial properties?
Did you try other lubricants before the coconut oil? I don't think aloe vera would be a good lubricant as it dries to quickly.
So glad you are doing better!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 11:59

yosemitesam, I'm a little surprised you have to have a prescription for Movicol, because our Miralax is OTC -- but do whatever it takes to get your stools soft.
Do you have MOM there in the UK? That might work.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11