Possible fast cure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Possible fast cure?

Postby RoudyAudi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:06

Yosemitesam, Owch :/ I hope that goes away soon. I drink a fair amount, but to my understanding of it you can't overdose on it. That may not be right! so don't go chug a whole bottle haha I personally like to use about 3 or 4 tablespoons a day. Which I intake throughout the day not at once. Along with the little bit I apply to my rear.
Workingonit, Ummm no. I don't think it's good for a lubricant. I would stick with your normal lubes. I just use Vaseline for when I need to make a BM. That works just fine for me, but after the hot sitz baths is when I like to put the coconut oil on the most. Since it helps keep it clean.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 16:18

Roudy, how is the Vaseline working for you?
I think I had an adverse reaction to it the other day, even though we would think Vaseline wouldn't hurt . . . but I looked up the ingredients, and it does contain a few things that could aggravate sensitive skin. The thing with my bottom is that I think I burned the skin somewhat, by using an ointment that my first crs prescribed - so, I think the Vaseline might have irritated me.
That said, I've used Vaseline for years, for various things, and I've never before had a problem. Whatever works, that's what I say.
I haven't tried the coconut oil. My second crs said to keep the area absolutely dry. Don't know about that, either, but I'm trying it. We shall see.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby RoudyAudi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:25

Damn! Yea it's probably from whatever other ointment burned it. It's working just fine for me! Like really thats all I use. Vaseline and the oil. Honestly it feels like I don't have a fissure anymore. Though I know I still do. But the symptoms of it seem to be going away one by one.
Yea you are supposed to keep it dry. But I don't think oil is really a harm to it. It's a healing oil in a sense. And it eventually dries up. I assume it's doing no harm to mine. Cause a lot of decreased pain, no burning or itching, no stinging, etc. Would seem like it's healing up. :)
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 16:27

That's good. I hope you're getting better and will soon be healed.
These things can be soooo aggravating!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby RoudyAudi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:42

I can't help but assume I'm close to being all better. It's amazing to me how quick it's all seemed to go away. I honestly just think it's the baths and the oil. That and I sleep SO much. More than I should. I believe that helps too.
I know the aggravating feelings lol Trust me on that. The first days were hell.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 16:44

I'm glad you're just about healed!
Just take care - and remember, these little devils can (and sometimes do) come back. Mine did, with a vengeance, after healing just fine the first time around.
So, be careful, and you should be fine. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby RoudyAudi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:50

I know! I've been seeing a lot of convos about them coming back. I actually devised a plan! When it's healed and I know it's healed, I'm still going to use softeners and the oil, Vaseline for when I gotta make a BM. For a few months after it's healed. Just in case.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 16:52

That's seems like a good plan. Just remember the horrible pain, and you'll never ever want it to come back.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby RoudyAudi » 25 Jan 2012, 16:56

LOL! Uhhh yea.... Ain't that the truth? That's why I wanna make sure it heals and has time to strengthen back up.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby yosemitesam » 30 Jan 2012, 11:53

Don't want to scare anyone, but mine has flared up a few times since I first had it (about 15 years ago). I've always thought it was piles since they seem to appear at the same time. I'm guessing the piles are being caused by straining due to the constipation & fissure acting up. I can usually cope with the pain enough to get back to normal. However, this time it's as bad as the 1st time I had a fissure. The fissure pain & constipation are quite bad no matter what I try (within reason - only using mild laxative remedies since I don't want to become dependant). I'll be seeing my doctor soon for some Movicol which sounds like the answer for me.
yosemitesam
Fibre Addict