had surgery, now have a question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

had surgery, now have a question

Postby poopprincess » 23 Jan 2012, 11:28

I just had my 2nd LIS 6 days ago. Yep, that's right, my second. I had my first last January and while it helped and the fissure would heal, it would always come back again. So this time he did the LIS on the opposite side (1st time on right, 2nd time on left), and he also cauterized the fissure. I had some bleeding from the surgery site the first few days but today with my BM I am fairly certain my fissure is bleeding again!!! I pulled out a mirror and my fissure looks bigger than it ever was (I guess cause he cauterized it out?) and like it was bleeding. I am so mad, I feel like this is never going to end!! If it was cauterized, shouldn't it have stopped bleeding already? My surgeon is board certified in colorectal surgery with 35 years experience. I even got a 2nd opinion after my 1st LIS and even that surgeon said he did a "complete" LIS (i.e. he wasn't too conservative with the cut). This guy comes highly recommended. Anyone else have a fissure that still bled after being cauterized?
poopprincess

Topics: 1

Re: had surgery, now have a question

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 23 Jan 2012, 13:31

I haven't gone through the LIS, yet - but I just wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry for your suffering.
Gads, it's like there's no end to this anal suffering. That's how I'm feeling, too.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Rich2871 » 23 Jan 2012, 21:29

I had an LIS done on Friday and or the first two days there was no bleeding, partly because no bowel movements. Since then I have had some bleeding, felt wet, wiped up with toilet paper. Not sur ehoe ling it goes On for but I talk to my doctor on thursday and will get more info about it
Rich2871
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 23 Jan 2012, 22:37

Yes, let us know how you do, Rich . . .
I hope things go well for you.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Mrs.inpain » 26 Jan 2012, 07:24

I had a fissurectomy done just 2 days ago. To my surprised I am only having moderate pain after a bm. I wasnt told an lis was done too. Do they always do those with the fissurectomy?? Anyways I have not had any bleeding yet an I can see an feel the stitches.
Mrs.inpain
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 09:14

Mrs.inpain,
I haven't had any surgery, yet - but I'm glad you're sharing your experience.
I'm sure one of the surgery vets will see your post and comment. Let us know how you progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby grannymaria » 26 Jan 2012, 12:55

Hi Ms Poopprincess: are u doing the eating right/drinking right/stool softeners regime? This has been helping me in this painful/torturing journey..
Take care sweetie.. God heal us all
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby workingonit » 28 Jan 2012, 17:42

PPrincess,
Did you talk to your CRS? Did he cauterize it with silver nitrate? Why cauterize instead of a fissurectomy?
Hope you are feeling better and things have stabilized!
Rich,
how did your followup appointment go?
life getting back to 'normal'?
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Rich2871 » 28 Jan 2012, 18:10

My doc had to postpone the appointment, he got called in to surgery. Not sure when I will be in next but all is going much MUCH better. Still haven some minor bleeding but the pain is alot better, more like bearable after a bowel movement. I went out today with my daughter to bring her to a birthday party and I felt great.
Hopefully when I see the doctor he will
Say it is going great too.
Thanks for all the support everyone, I will remain on here from time to time to lend a hand when I can. We all need support and anything I can assist with I'm glad to.
Rich2871
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Jan 2012, 20:29

I am sorry you are having some issues!!! Hell one butt surgery is enough. I only had LIS 3 weeks ago and I am doing great. I have never had any blood after surgery, only the day of surgery. I am thinking you may be getting blood from the incision site. If he cauterized your fissure it shouldn't be bleeding, it was pretty much burned.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?