Nifedipine Side Effects

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Nifedipine Side Effects

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2012, 16:09

woi..
i have my suspicions about the healing problems with these fissures with me. I've gone back and forth with fissures for so many years, sometimes with many years in between any trouble at all. Given the presence of endometriosis and severe bowel dysfunction (that has never been ruled out as being something inflammatory like Crohn's), I'm one to think things are related and probably has something to do with a wacky immune system... hence my (and my doctor's) hesitation to do surgery for this problem on me. I do remember using lanolin years ago... I'll have to try that again. Heck, anything if it will help the pain.
Sav... I would love to PM you about the research you're undercovering. Normally I am relentless with research, but these days I'm just in so much pain and my weight has dropped so low that it's really slow going. Thanks so much for your offer! I also hope your doctor visit goes well. I know what you mean about there always being something... I've got a heart issue I've been putting off now for months and months because these fissures have been taking over, but I really do need to get back to that whole wormhole soon. It's always something, huh?
So glad you're smiling today though... YAY!!! A smile is so much more than a smile in this context, isn't it? Things that others take so for granted in their lives.
Big hugs to all...
Thinking of Sweet Bugaboo today... hoping all is going well for her and that she's on the other side of her surgery now.

Postby workingonit » 01 Feb 2012, 11:53

Sav,
How did your appointment go yesterday??
Ok I hope?
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Alyssa » 03 May 2014, 17:21

I have been on nifedipine for 6 weeks... After 3 weeks of using it I was experiencing, burning, irritation, sore feeling so i went back to the doctor (week 4 of starting it) to check me out but he did not see any irritation. At 6 weeks after starting medication, I went back for my follow up appointment since i still felt as though i was not cured but was told again that there was no irritation in there and my fissure has healed. But why am I still in pain (hurts when I sit for longer than 1 hour), burning, soreness. As of yesterday I stopped using it to see if it makes a difference on my bum.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26