Could this be a re-tear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Could this be a re-tear?

Postby Anemone » 04 Feb 2012, 07:58

That's great. Having the help when you need it is a huge thing. It sounds like I'm in the same position as you right now.
Let me know how you get on..
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby pat123 » 04 Feb 2012, 10:39

sorry for your setback anemone... and happy birthday! There doesn't seem to be any pattern to these things... I hadn't had bleeding for a week and then it started up again. I was pretty upset. No change in diet, meds or anything. Sigh...
Its good to have this place to come to where everyone knows...
take care and feel better
pat
pat123
Salt Bather

Postby Sue27uk » 04 Feb 2012, 11:09

Belated happy birthday! I hope you are feeling a bit better. I got very down after having my botox, and now the hospital pushing back my follow-up appointment. But if you keep up your regime I'm sure it will calm down. Hope things improve soon :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Anemone » 04 Feb 2012, 14:25

Thanks Sue :-)
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Anemone » 06 Feb 2012, 16:46

Well I saw my doctor today and he said that the previous fissure is nicely healed and the pain and blood is associated with a new tear.
As you can imagine I was just thrilled to hear this. The only plus side is that he said this tear is only small and not deep so he thinks it should heal quickly, unlike the last one.
He couldn't tell me why this has happened, and said he could refer me back to the hospital but doubted they'd do anything with something this small.
He's prescribed diazepam for another month while I heal.
So, why do I have another tear when I am still on my 'fissure regime' is my question?
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby rasmith3530 » 06 Feb 2012, 20:15

This thing seems to have no rhyme or reason. The doctors don't seem to know why one person gets it while others don't. They don't seem to have an effective treatment regimine that will work for all. And once you've had an AF, it seems your chance for reccurance is great. It is truly maddening. Also maddening is that, despite how common it is, there appear to be many docs who've never dealt with it. My last occurance was incorrectly diagnosed as hemmhoroids at an immediate care facility. Because of that, I was initially put on a treatment regimine that was contraindicated for AF. Even my GP, who is usually excellent prescribed a stronger dosage of Nitro than what is regularly given.
I'd be totally amazed at all of this were it not that I've also been suffering from a neuro-psych disorder for over six months that my GP, two Neurologists, a Neutro-psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a therapist have not been able to definitely diagnose and effectively treat.
Believe me when I tell you that death has looked like a quite appealing option this past few weeks.
Anemone, I am so sorry to hear that you have gotten another tear. As I said, it is just maddening. Take care.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Anemone » 06 Feb 2012, 20:18

Thanks for your thoughts ras, and you take care too. We have to get through this even though at times everything seems so bleak.
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby rasmith3530 » 06 Feb 2012, 23:59

I'm back to the CRS tomorrow and we'll likely be talking about LIS. I do need to hear some positives, that's for darn sure. You take care as well.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10