Could this be a re-tear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Could this be a re-tear?

Postby Anemone » 03 Feb 2012, 13:04

The last 2 or 3 weeks have been a mix of a week of being really good then the odd couple of days of being sore, and this week has been relatively pain free until this morning. A usual first thing BM, nothing out of the norm, but I have felt sore ever since.
I just went for a soak to try and ease it and when I patted dry with tissue as I always do there were spots of fresh blood on the tissue.
I never had much blood when this thing was brand new, but I just can't think what else it can be.
Even when feeling good I've kept to my regime of supplements, fibre and baths so what has gone wrong? What a fantastic birthday present :-(
Thoughts anyone....
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Could this be a re-tear?

Postby Sue1962 » 03 Feb 2012, 14:40

Sorry to hear of your setback. Unfortunately, these little buggers can have no rhyme or reason to come back. Even when you don't change your routine at all. Did you have the shards of glass or any spasms??? Or have you had surgery? I was the same way before my surgery. I would go for days feeling great and then one morning, no changes in diet, softner or anything and them bam, severe pain again. My CRS told me fissures will heal, but if they are chronin they will heal and keep retearing no matter what you do for them and that was the case for me, I tried for 3 years to heal the dang thing and it would heal, but kept on coming back and the last time was present for 8 months straight. I was over it and had LIS. 4 weeks post op, my life is back to as normal as it was before my fissure. Actually after 2 weeks I was back to normal. Happy Birthday and sorry for your pain
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Anemone » 03 Feb 2012, 14:49

So glad you are feeling better Sue. It must have been an awful 3 years for you.
This morning my BM didn't hurt (but then the BM itself never hurt) but I just felt the soreness almost as soon as I got out of the bath. No blood at all this morning. Then suddenly 6 hours later there's blood. (I haven't had surgery, and this started back in Oct/Nov last year)
I can't get back to see my doctor until Monday now. The pain isn't as bad as it was in the very beginning and I'll keep on the pain relief all weekend. It's the stress and feeling so down that's back up to the level it was, but I'm sure you know all about that.
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby sputnik » 03 Feb 2012, 16:03

so sorry for this setback. Hopefully the weekend will sort if out. Myself since i had a slight painful bm on sat and since then more burning spread to bum cheeks. Its made me so depressed and its all i think about. I've been losingalot of hair for about 2 months and i think its the stress of fissure and ulcerative colitis. I still today can't quite kicking myself for using my finger in sept/11 when i was severely constipated. I know i can't take the day back. Sorry for all this self pity. I just hope you can heal.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Anemone » 03 Feb 2012, 16:31

I think we're all full of self pity sputnik. That's how this whole thing seems to work. The only good thing is having someone to sound off to on this forum.
We all understand each other...
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby grannymaria » 03 Feb 2012, 17:28

Happy birthday sweetie.. God bless u n He heal us all.. Pls take care n continue the eating n drinking regime .. Hang in there - before we know it al this will be left behind
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Anemone » 03 Feb 2012, 21:09

Thanks, and I do hope so!
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Davo » 04 Feb 2012, 04:46

Sounds like a re-tear Anemone..... sorry !!
Two weeks ago my CRS told me i had almost healed, the pain and spasms went away and i was feeling great. That was until last night when i started to feel a bit uncomfortable so i went to the toilet and the pain is back again. I took a quick look a the mirror and it seems to have opened up a little bit again even though my diet and medication had not changed.
If it does not clear in three weeks i have to have botox, i felt at first i could maybe heal it with the GTN but now this is looking highly unlikely. If if do go back i am going to push for LIS rather than botox as i am yet to read a positive review about it.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Anemone » 04 Feb 2012, 07:31

This is what I am thinking Davo. I've had enough of this now. I just want my life back.
Will see what my doc thinks on Monday but I suspect if it has re-torn he will have me back to the CRS. I'm very lucky as he is a fab doctor, and they're hard to find in these parts.
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Davo » 04 Feb 2012, 07:51

Yeah i have really had enough - i have been virtually eating soup for 4 months now and not touched a drop of alcohol!
I have a really good doctor too who knows her stuff when it comes to AF's however I am also able to see a CRS within 24 hours if i feel i want to (My girlfriends employer gives us great medical insurance!). So its back to the CRS for me!
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42