Has anyone tried Robaxacet?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone tried Robaxacet?

Postby ToothDoctor » 07 Feb 2012, 13:47

I was just thinking, since the pain from AF is caused by contraction of the involuntary internal sphincter muscle, a muscle relaxant might actually relieve the tonicity and contractions.
Has anyone tried Robaxacet? It's a muscle relaxant for back pains.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Has anyone tried Robaxacet?

Postby ToothDoctor » 07 Feb 2012, 13:47

I might guinea pig myself this weekend.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2012, 14:06

I know there are others who have tried Robaxacet and gotten some relief. I've been taking Ativan, which I find has a huge impact on muscle relaxation for me.
Good luck!

Postby Savaici » 07 Feb 2012, 18:28

Hi TD and jr2,
I use a very low dose of Lorazapam (0.12mg) for the spasms. Seem to help me.
I have hurt my back (muscle) this week, and think it has also helped with that. Even worse than the darn fissure, the wretched back pain these last few days. Graduallycoming out of it.
I tried Flexeril for the spasms and that did nothing for me.
Good luck with the Robaxet. That might have been good this week for me, though I am scared stiff of altering anything in the daily routine of things.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby rasmith3530 » 07 Feb 2012, 20:25

So far, I've been through Norco 10-325mg, Meloxicam 7.5mg, and now Nucynta ER 100mg for pain relief.The Norco did little, the Meloxicam did nothing. None of these, of course, are muscle relaxers. The Norco and Nucynta are pain killers and Meloxicam is an anti-inflamatory. The Nucynta, a Category 2 narcotic, at best takes the edge off the spasms, but severe pain is still present. You might be on the right track with a muscle relaxant. I'll be curious to hear your results
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby sterlingbird » 08 Feb 2012, 05:49

The problem with all of these is that they are addictive and I am a recovering addict. While they are better than the codeine based that are constipating they carry a risk of dependence. I used ativan which was wonderful and if I had a whole bottle would have taken the whole thing. Good thing my doc knows me and only gave me 10.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby workingonit » 08 Feb 2012, 09:45

I spent the last year recovering from just two weeks on Ativan, which is Lorazepam.
I don't mean to harp, but it really needs to be taken with caution. The withdrawal effects are extreme anxiety, nausea, depression, insane amounts of muscle tension and insomnia. Basically all the things that you take it for in the first place, come back at you ten fold. If you find yourself increasing your doses, you are probably starting to experience interdose withdrawals.
Good luck with the Robaxacet TD. Just make sure you look up the side effects, interactions etc, first!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2012, 09:56

Yup... medications such as these need to be used with caution. But I will also say they can be used safely when you are fully aware of how to use them and how not to use them, and to have frequent dialogues with your physician about them. I take a very low dose of Ativan, never increasing the dose, and skipping days when the pain isn't as severe.
While caution needs to be exercised, I also feel that medications like these can play a very helpful role in healing. Being in a constant state of anxiety and pain is only going to produce a biochemical environment in the body very counter to healing.

Postby rasmith3530 » 08 Feb 2012, 12:49

Sterlingbird, I do fully understand your concern. I've been clean and sober for twenty eight years now, and certainly do not want to risk losing all that time. I keep my contacts close at hand and make use of them. I haven't thought about using my meds to get high, but I did once so far think of using them for suicide. Luckily, I was unable to find what would amount would produce a permanent dirt nap.
Keep coming back and just take it one day at a time. Keep your program contacts close!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 08 Feb 2012, 13:16

I have never increased my dose of Lorazapam, quite happy with what I have, and my doctor would not increase it without some very good reason, and I can't think of one.
The only other medication I take are my high blood pressure. Don't drink or smoke. Paragon of virtue in other words Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222