I want to cry

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I want to cry

Postby Layla85 » 16 Feb 2012, 03:40

Yesterday I has surgery for a fissure that I've had for about a year and they also said that they would remove a large painful skin tag I've also had for the same amount of time.
When I cam round the surgeon came to talk and he said that he'd removed 'one' tag, which in my woozy state I took to mean that tag so I thought nothing more of it. When I got home everything felt way to painful for me to want to look but I took a look before I went to bed last night and that tag is still there! I have no idea why they didn't remove it but it's upset me so much. I literally couldn't stop crying. I really felt so happy yesterday because I thought that not only would I eventually heal, but I'd look and feel 'normal' again too.
Now I have no idea what to do. I haven't been given a follow up appointment. I don't know whether I'm able to ask to speak to my consultant to ask what the hell he was thinking and they normally don't care about removing skin tags on the NHS anyway (that's why I was so happy when he said that he would).
Does anyone know what I can do?
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: I want to cry

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 16:48

Hey Layla,
You can ask your CRS, as you said.
I know that sometimes they won't remove a tag until the fissure it's associated with is well healed, as it can make the fissure less likely to heal.
Often, once the fissure is healed the tag will grow smaller and even go away.
Personally, I wish I'd never had mine removed. I think it weakened the area and that is why I have a chronic AF now. Mine is anterior too.
Other than that, how are you feeling?
Where was the tag that they did remove?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Layla85 » 16 Feb 2012, 17:47

Thank you for your reply Tanya
My tag is anterior, like yours. Perhaps it's a tricky place to remove it? I think that they may have removed some of it- it does look different- but some it looks like it's still there. It's kind of more to side than it was before and it's like this raised flap rather than a roundish hanging down tag. I'm really disappointed but will ask my CRS as soon as I can. The other tag was on the other side and much much smaller. Would be happier if they'd left that!
So did you have a tag before you got your fissure? That's really bad luck :( Are you considering surgery too?
Apart from that I'm not feeling too sore but very low! I think that general anaesthics must be pretty horrid to get out of your system. I've been crying on and off all day which is isn't very like me.
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 18:08

You know when I had my tag removed, there was still kind of a stubb left behind. Unfortunately I don't think any of us will have pristine butts again.
I had the tag and a lot of discomfort. In retrospect I know now that I must have had a small fissure to get the tag (really called a sentinel). The CRS I saw at the time never mentioned any of that. He didn't explain it at all. I left his office thinking I'd had an external hemorrhoid cut off. (wrote a scathing review of him on ratemd.com).
My CRS says surgery wouldn't work for me, and I don't have much pain so I'd rather not go that road anyways.
If the nifedipine doesn't work, there's botox, self dilation and/or this chinese clinic near me. But I hope the nifedipine works. I plan to do self dilation in any course because I think it very likely I would have a re-tear if I don't do some kind of maintenance.
I had anesthesia when I had my wisdom teeth removed and I was nauseous and depressed for a couple days after. But it wears off.
I'm so happy that you feel better! :)
I wouldn't worry too much about the tag, but call your surgeon and ask. He'll get back to you sooner or later.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby mm92599 » 16 Feb 2012, 19:23

Tanya, when you say self dilation what do you mean by that? Is there a tool for that?
mm92599
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 19:42

Wellllll... you have to order off amazon or go to the sex store :D
If you are interested there is a running topic on it here;
http://anal-fissure.org/t4261-self-dilation?highlight=self+dilation
it is something that was prescribed in the old days and is still prescribed in europe sometimes.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP