Fissure and skin tag removal. Next part

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissure and skin tag removal. Next part

Postby Sneely » 16 Feb 2012, 22:48

Prepped for surgery a few days before by using colace. 2 in morning. 2 at night. This was a must and helped keep my stool soft. Feb 14. Took 2 colace and off to hospital for 6 am surgery. Surgery stuff was routine and I was in recovery by 8 am. Doc said fissure was healed and he removed the 2 tags. I was reluctant to take narcotics because that is why I am here in first place. So after I just started on 800 ibuprofens. I was home by 10 am feeling great. Then at 4 pm the feeling that I had to poop came on. I sat on toilet and pushed a liitle and had a decent BM with no blood. I we t and sat in tub right after and after that all hell broke loose. I have never ever experienced pain like this. I was sweating crying and moaning for the next two hours. Took my first Vicodin. Nothing helped. About 7 pm I tried too pee and I couldn't. The pain from my bladder coupled with the pain in my ass was unbearable. I wish i never did it. My husband called ER and they advised me to come in because of my not peeing. Well I arrived at ER and they immediately took me in and scanned my bladder and said oh my you are full. I was crying in pain and the nurse came in with a catheter. I have never had a catheter before so this made me more upset. The ER doc wanted me to stay the night. I was brought up to my room and they pumped me up on morphine but it wasn't helping. I was soooo miserable. The next morning my CRS came to see me and he was surprised that I was here. Bladder issues usually only happen to males. We needed to come up with a pain management plan because nothing was working, i still had catheter in and I was crying all day. He decided on intravenous Toradol. This is an intravenous only potent anti inflammatory. It worked in 5 minutes and I felt like a new person. It's now 4 pm and I went to bed and could not get another Toradol until 6 hours. When this stuff wore off it was like I was back to beginning. Pain was unbearable and I wish I never did it. I wasn't eating because I didn't want to poop. I hadn't showered, I had the cath in still. It was all awful. Next morning CRS visited and wanted me to eat a little and try to poop and we needed to make plans to take cath out. I couldn't go home until I peed. I had to get off Toradol too because I couldn't go home with it. He wanted me to try percoset. His biggest advice and he kept saying over and over Don't Get Constipated. You think this is bad. That will be a million times worse. I was pumping up on stool softeners and had some high fiber cereal and loads of water. I mean loads of it. I had the cath in so why not take advantage. More to come...... (I am still wishing I didn't do this)
Sneely
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Fissure and skin tag removal. Next part

Postby Quiggles » 20 Feb 2012, 19:45

Hope you are feeling better :)
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Feb 2012, 16:33

OMG, Sneely! What an ordeal! Poor you! :( Skin tag removal can be very painful. A number of posts here talk about that. I can imagine that you wish you hadn't done it. Image
Hang in there, though. Things will get better. You will heal and the pain will subside. Take your doc seriously and don't get constipated. I really recommend Miralax/Movicol as a stool softener, if you aren't already using it. Many of us here swear by it. Milk of Magnesia is also good as a back-up if the BMs get stubborn.
Take good care of yourself, and keep reminding yourself that things will improve. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Trifox » 25 Feb 2012, 16:41

You poor girl! I had two deep fissure and two large skin tags removed plus PIS. I feel for you. I am on hydrocodone and lidocaine ointment. I called my CRS today and said I needed something differant for the pain. He said to come into ER. How are you feeling now. I think we are similar in the pain spectrum. Most post that its not that bad or don't need pain killers.
Trifox
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6