Update - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Update - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 06 Mar 2012, 10:46

Hi, granny - Hi, Tanya -
Thank you, both, for the well wishes. I'll see my crs in two days, and I'm going to ask him about the symptoms I still have. I guess it just takes awhile to heal.
I hope you're both having a pain free day.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Jojo1 » 06 Mar 2012, 13:57

So very glad things went and continue to go well for you. Thanks so much for the update.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 06 Mar 2012, 14:15

Hi, Jojo - and thanks!
I'm still in the healing process. I did have two procedures, so I think my healing time is a bit lengthier, as a result. But after having months of misery from my AF, I'll take any progress I get. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby ouchouch » 12 Mar 2012, 16:12

If you guys had LIS in LA, which CRS do you recommend? Which hospital? I am contemplating about the procedure but am wondering if you know which drs. are good.
Thanks!
ouchouch

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Mar 2012, 16:37

Hi, ouchouch -
I'm not in L.A., but you might want to call the UCLA Medical Center, and perhaps someone there could advise you. Good luck!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby grannymaria » 19 Mar 2012, 13:10

Hi Ms Sweetbugaboo :) Hope ur doing well sweetie.. I've been out of town visiting with my daughter and her beautiful babies - my grandkids :) so adorable..
I had also forgotten my password :( but for 2 days tried and finally found it :)
We keep praying for all and God willing He heal us all.. Hugs sweetie..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Mar 2012, 13:40

grannymaria wrote:Hi Ms Sweetbugaboo :) Hope ur doing well sweetie.. I've been out of town visiting with my daughter and her beautiful babies - my grandkids :) so adorable..
I had also forgotten my password :( but for 2 days tried and finally found it :)
We keep praying for all and God willing He heal us all.. Hugs sweetie..

Yes, yes - my prayers continue for all of us. I'm glad to know you were able to spend some time with your family. That's good for your soul.
Hugs back atcha!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby LosAngelesFissure » 20 Mar 2012, 23:04

I had just a fissurectomy in Los Angeles (Glendale) with Dr. Beart. He is world-famous and I am totally comfortable with him and recommend him. One thing to note about him: he prefers doing a fissurectomy rather than LIS procedure, because he is confident in the results and said he's been doing it so long with so little complications so why stop. I had my surgery Feb 26 2012 and have been fluctuating in my recovery. Some days I don't have any blood at all, but sometimes I have a streak of blood along the length of the stool. Other days, after I drop the stool and tighten up the sphincter, a drop of blood falls in the water. BMs and the rest of the day is SO much less painful than having a fissure. In fact, the rest of the day isn't painful. Only the actual BM is like a 2 out of 10 pain level. Actually, just gonna post a new thread because I have questions for people who had fissurectomys.
LosAngelesFissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby grannymaria » 11 Apr 2012, 11:28

God bless you Sweetbugaboo.. Haven't been able to come and say hi to all here.. even though I'm not here too often, you all are in my prayers..
Hugs sweetie..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 11 Apr 2012, 11:31

grannymaria wrote:God bless you Sweetbugaboo.. Haven't been able to come and say hi to all here.. even though I'm not here too often, you all are in my prayers..
Hugs sweetie..

Thank you, granny! I'm still in the healing process -- and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep in touch, from time to time. HUGS!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure