Update - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Update - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 11 Apr 2012, 11:34

LosAngelesFissure wrote:I had just a fissurectomy in Los Angeles (Glendale) with Dr. Beart. He is world-famous and I am totally comfortable with him and recommend him. One thing to note about him: he prefers doing a fissurectomy rather than LIS procedure, because he is confident in the results and said he's been doing it so long with so little complications so why stop. I had my surgery Feb 26 2012 and have been fluctuating in my recovery. Some days I don't have any blood at all, but sometimes I have a streak of blood along the length of the stool. Other days, after I drop the stool and tighten up the sphincter, a drop of blood falls in the water. BMs and the rest of the day is SO much less painful than having a fissure. In fact, the rest of the day isn't painful. Only the actual BM is like a 2 out of 10 pain level. Actually, just gonna post a new thread because I have questions for people who had fissurectomys.

Hi, L.A.F. -
It sounds like you're doing better. Healing takes time and patience, that's all I know. I had both procedures - so, it's taken a little longer for me to feel better. I AM better - but not yet quite healed, to my satisfaction. I'll get there, hopefully.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby rasmith3530 » 12 Apr 2012, 08:17

I hope that your visit to the doctor goes well today SB. I do hope that you can get to feeling comfortable enough also to be able to do without the prescription pain killers, as they can become habit forming and we can become quite dependent on them. That's why the Rolling Stones referred to them as "Mother's Little Helpers" many moons ago. Just keep calm, keep healing, and don't think about being taken to the "glue factory" over this. As they say, "This too shall pass," and you will be able to return to a more normal life. Hope you can get on that bike soon, your weather has to be fairly nice right about now.
Take care and be well.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Apr 2012, 15:14

rasmith3530 wrote:I hope that your visit to the doctor goes well today SB. I do hope that you can get to feeling comfortable enough also to be able to do without the prescription pain killers, as they can become habit forming and we can become quite dependent on them. That's why the Rolling Stones referred to them as "Mother's Little Helpers" many moons ago. Just keep calm, keep healing, and don't think about being taken to the "glue factory" over this. As they say, "This too shall pass," and you will be able to return to a more normal life. Hope you can get on that bike soon, your weather has to be fairly nice right about now.
Take care and be well.

Thanks, Rob - I just sent you a quick message. --- Tonight I'm cutting my Valium in half, just to see how that does for me tomorrow. I'm also going to cut back the fiber, just a bit.
We're getting rain! - but California needs it - and my backside is still a bit tender, yet, to get on my Schwinn . . . so, that's okay.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby rasmith3530 » 14 Apr 2012, 01:43

Hope your day tomorrow is sunny! A friend of mine who lives north of you was saying they were getting some rough weather. Good to hear about the reductions, especially the Valium. That stuff can get you "Jonesing" if you take enough over an extended period. You're doing it right by cutting back. I hope your days just keep getting better and better.
Remember that suffering is not caused by pain, but by resisting pain.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby jr2 » 15 Apr 2012, 19:54

Hi Sweet..
Just wanted to post a note to wish you continued healing and improvement each day. I hope this is all a distant memory for you very soon. I know things have been slower for you in healing and I just wanted to encourage you and send my healing wishes.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Apr 2012, 20:30

jr2 wrote:Hi Sweet..
Just wanted to post a note to wish you continued healing and improvement each day. I hope this is all a distant memory for you very soon. I know things have been slower for you in healing and I just wanted to encourage you and send my healing wishes.

Hi, jr! and TYVM. Yes, it's taken me longer to heal -- I'm still at it. Progress has been incremental, in my case -- but, my last two crs visits have been fine. I go again this coming Thurs. - so, we'll see what he says. I really do think my two procedures (versus just a LIS), plus my setback, added to my healing time. It's been a long road, for sure - but I have made progress - just slower than I'd like.
I hope you're okay, too. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure