Coconut oil!!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Coconut oil!!

Postby Buttski » 27 Feb 2012, 09:12

Hi guys!I havent posted in a while but I wanted to share something that has been really helping me.Its coconut oil.I have had a fissure and hemmie problem now for about 1 year,having extreme pain and nothing worked,sitz bath,change in diet,all kinds of meds,you name it.Recently I found a new love for coconut oil and read somewhere it can help with hemmies,so I tried it,what the heck,and it actually works!My fissure and hems are not totally gone,but I have very minimal pain now and I notice this works better then the meds I have been using.I have been using it now for about 3 weeks and its been a god send to me.Ive been applying it 3 times a day,plus after each BM.Its also helped my raw butt heal from using so many meds too.Im just so happy to find something that can somewhat help me to at least relieve the pain I had,wish I discovered this a year ago!
I just wanted to share this info and hopefully help others,as I understand the pain and frustration of others who have to live with this.

Worth to try I think coconut oil.
Buttski
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Coconut oil!!

Postby workingonit » 27 Feb 2012, 13:09

Thanks for sharing that Buttski,
Wow, quite a few coconut lovers on the board lately. I think I will have to try it again. I only used it for a couple days and thought I'd stick with the lanolin instead, which does help, but has not cured me so far.
Did you use the virgin kind?
Did it make you smell like coconuts? Not that I care what I smell like so long as I was healing! lol!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Buttski » 28 Feb 2012, 10:43

No problem!
So far this has worked wonders for me,Im so happy about it,I hope this can help others too!
Yes,Im using the virgin kind,and yes,I smell like coconuts! :D
Today,I had no pain while or after having a BM.I really hope this can help keep it from coming back,since that seems to be the problem....starts healing,then re-tears.....
Perhaps putting some on before having a BM,it might help to prevent it from happening.
Buttski
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 28 Feb 2012, 10:55

Do you just apply the oil to the outside, Buttski? I have not had success with trying to put anything inside. Pain and irritation!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 28 Feb 2012, 11:03

Just put a link up under References, Websites and Facts.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Buttski » 28 Feb 2012, 11:39

At first I only put it on the outside,I used a generous amount too.As I started to feel better,I try to push a bit inside,not lots though because of pain and discomfort.
You can probably make home made suppositories out of the oil,just keep them in the fridge to keep them hard.It will be slippery,so easy to slip in,and it should melt shortly after you put it in.Maybe wear a panty liner too,it might leak out...its worth a try though.
I think Im going to try this actually.
Im not sure how to put a link for that....
Buttski
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 28 Feb 2012, 15:06

There's a topic someone did ages ago on homemade coconut and vitamin E suppositories
http://anal-fissure.org/t2873-my-story-a-remedy-diy-coconut-oil-suppositories?highlight=coconut
I also read that coconut oil is good for scars. So it might be a good thing to apply for a long time??
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby rasmith3530 » 04 Mar 2012, 14:20

Actually, that is an interesting concept WOI. In this same vein, I do have to wonder if adding something like Shea Butter to the mix could be beneficial?
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby workingonit » 04 Mar 2012, 14:42

hey rob,
You know the number of things I've read about for rubbing into scars, it kinda makes me wonder if you couldn't just rub any old oil into as scar and improve it's elasticity??
Don't know about shea butter, but it is nice when it's in soap.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby rasmith3530 » 04 Mar 2012, 20:39

rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10