Fissure and frustrated!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure and frustrated!!

Postby Fprincess » 01 Mar 2012, 02:23

Hiya, I'm a 29 fit and active female. I have been suffering with a AF now for about four years. I was first treat with creams and my Consultant suggested a diet change. I've always had a good diet so changing it didn't really help my AF. The creams help short term and reduch the spasms slightly but it always comes back with a vengeance. I had Botox two years ago which helped for about a month but the bleeding and the pain returned once again and I was prescribed creams again. Last august I had a lateral sphinterotomy which helped it was very painful afterwards but the bleeding and the pain subsided. Unfortunately in October I was admitted to hospital to have my appendix removed and this brought back my AF worse than ever :( I was prescribed creams again which this time did not help at all. Im now booked in on Monday again for the Botox procedure which I'm hoping helps but just feel like I should resign myself to it returning again as I'm fed up of getting my hopes up.
Obviously this is frustrating me and affects every part of my life. I work in an office but if I sit too long it's uncomfortable, I'm unable to ride my bike and my sex life has been affected as sometimes the pain is too unbearable. It's one of them things that you don't like to mention your ib pain with as it's embarrassing. But I'm now so fed up with it I keep my stools soft with movicol but this doesn't help as soft stools still hurt. Has anyone had any other treatment they can recommend?
Thanks for reading xx
Fprincess

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure and frustrated!!

Postby workingonit » 01 Mar 2012, 10:06

Hi Fprincess,
You've been through a lot!
Have you talked to a different consultant for a second opinion?
Other than LIS there is dilation. Preferably the controlled kind, but with an experienced doctor, the old kind works too. There is also self dilation. If you search this forum you will find lots on info on both.
Personally I think it helps to protect the fissure with something. Some people have had luck with virgin coconut oil. Others use Wheatgrass cream. I like Lanolin. I am healing, but it is very slow. I attribute this more to the lanolin than the nifedipine, which I am slowly phasing out.
I don't know if I could ever ride my bike again. I will miss it, but I would rather not chance irritating that area. I walk a lot.
Yah, it does make sex not so much fun. That's for sure. But it helps to be upfront about it with your significant other. I'm sure they would want to know.
A lot of people here use some kind of lube before they have a BM. So there is less 'friction' damage.
Is the tear in the same place?
Is it an anterior fissure (towards the front of your anus)?
Why not make the most of your botox time, but trying some of the above at the same time, like the coconut oil?
This is what I plan to do if I have to get botox.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Baba » 01 Mar 2012, 22:43

Hi Fprincess :) You're saying that even soft bowel movements hurt makes me think that your sphincter is really tight. Hmm I thought that wasn't supposed to happen after LIS. I'm getting some relief from self dilation, as I was always in pain too no matter how soft things were.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby grannymaria » 06 Mar 2012, 06:33

Awww sweetie - have they given u 0.2 nitro to relax the muscle? God bless u and all here
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Fprincess » 07 Mar 2012, 02:41

Hiya everyone, I was in hospital Monday and had an examination they have found a second fissure....I was given Botox in both fissures along with the cream to apply. My first bm has caused me a lot of pain and I'm still having a lot of spasms :-S
I'm hoping that this time the cream and Botox work as my consultant told me Mobday that I may need the LS on my second fissure.
As you can imagine I'm pretty fed up now I'm supposed to be back at work today but I'm do sore that I'm currently running a bath to try abd ease it slightly. I have been reading up on self dilation and I'm thinking about trying it
Xx
Fprincess

Postby workingonit » 07 Mar 2012, 09:46

princess,
I'm so sorry to hear that!
Sometimes it takes a couple botox sessions. YOu could always get another opinion as well.
I too am prevaricating about self dilation. I have some dilators, and am waiting for some water based gel lubricant I ordered. I keep coming so close to healing and don't want to mess it up. That's why I am still waiting. I am hoping to heal first and them use them before I return to a regular diet.
the dilation should help with the spasms. There's a bunch of info on it now on this board if you search around.
Hope you feel better soon!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Fprincess » 07 Mar 2012, 10:13

Thanks Tanya, so do I it's ridiculous that so much pain can be caused by two little splits :-S
Would just like to hopefully see the light at the end of the tunnel and see an end to this. I'm going to read up some more on self dilation and see If it's for me at this moment I would try anything. hope it works for you too
Many thanks x
Fprincess

Postby workingonit » 07 Mar 2012, 11:16

Princess,
There is a document under "files' in the yahoo analfissure group. It's a collection of past messages from 4 people who used self dilation to heal and stay healed.
always happy to help! Know what you mean by try anything! :)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP