Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby chibilink » 05 Mar 2012, 14:49

Hello,
I am a new member to this forum. I'm 29yr old and have been struggling with Anal Fissues since August of last year. In December of 2011 I finally decided to go see a CRS for my problem and he put me on a diet to help soften my stools. This worked wonderfully for about 7 weeks and I was making good progress but all that was undone by a bout of Food poisoning that I had that lasted for 3 days. The explosive diarrhea that I experienced during that episode not only set me back, it actually made my fissure situation worse. I went from having no pain during BM's, and pain for 2 hours afterwards. To having SEVERE pain during BM's and having a ton of pain pretty much the remainder of the day. It got so bad at one point that I actually had to go to the ER because I could barely stand or walk. They gave me a shot of pain killers along with some steroid suppositories and Lidocain to take home which helped make the the pain manageable. This morning I just went back to see the CRS and he has now put me on Percocet and also gave me a course of anti-biotics to help take with me. I am about to once again embark on a high fiber, veggie diet to hopefully right this ship. I'm still in a lot of pain and will probably miss the next few days of work until this gets under control. I found out about this forum through searching on Google to find out how other people are dealing with this horrendous pain and was pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful and helpful community of people who struggle with the same thing.
Thanks for listening and I look forward to helping others as much as having other people help me :)
Chibi
chibilink
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New Member

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 05 Mar 2012, 17:57

Have you tried over-the-counter Miralax? Stool softeners never worked for me, but Miralax has been an absolute Godsend! It helps keep my stool soft. I take it in addition to Benefiber (1/2 dose of Miralax; 9 grams of Benefiber every day), as well as a high fiber diet (high fiber oatmeal, etc.). Although I am still dealing with my fissure, the addition of Miralax has really helped with the pain during AND after my bowel movements.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Baba » 05 Mar 2012, 21:49

Ouch, the pain you describe is so familiar!
I use magnesium as a stool softener, live on mostly cooked vegetables with small amounts of chicken or fish, but not every day.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby chibilink » 06 Mar 2012, 00:20

Hey Kiss, I currently taking about 3 dulcolax stool softners daily along with Metamucil 3 times a day as well. I am probably going to try and increase my sitz baths for the next clue of days as well.
Also just to update, I'm starting wonder if I'm having a combination of problems. It feels like when the pain is worst my internal hemmiroids are prolapsing at te same time... Step #1 is to just get through this constant pain. Hopefully I can make more leeway tomorrow.
Chibi
chibilink
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby grannymaria » 06 Mar 2012, 06:35

Chibi - God bless u sweetie . Hang in there n keep doing the eating n drinking plenty liquid n fiber regime
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

introduction

Postby rubius » 03 May 2012, 08:21

hi,
im 29 yrs and have had fissure problem first in 2005 then off and on for almost 5yrs with a frequency of maybe once year... since sept 2011 its been with a frequency of once every 6 wks or so.
what happens is that i pass a hard stool not v bulky..the pain comes and sumtimes there's bleeding...and the muscle spasm. i immediately know its the"return".
i take some cremaffin(liq paraffin)and apply nitroglycerine 0.2% .... and in a wk things are fine for me. iv survived this long like this.
since past 2 times ie 2nd episode since march i v had v bad spasm.... took diclofenac .. then only the pain went again to return with next bowel movement.
got lots of help from the forum , used a little ghee and coconut oil... helps a lot. ws religious with twice a day sitz baths...feeling better and have not taken diclofenac since monday.
thanks all people
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3