Safe to use Qtips to apply nitro creme?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Safe to use Qtips to apply nitro creme?

Postby soothe88 » 07 Mar 2012, 17:15

My surgeon prescribed nitro and I thought instead of using my finger like I did the previous six weeks with di, maybe I'll try q-tip. It is not nearly as painful but I wonder if anyone else had side effects using that to apply it? Obviously I am very careful not to break it and I usually apply just enough nitro to cover the top and maybe the sides. Is this sufficient? I am supposed to apply this 4 times a day.
Doctor told me to go to a specific pharmacy because the "other" pharmacy makes it too strong, and he wanted me to apply it four times a day (guess it is half-dose?).
Anyway, what do you think about using q-tips?
soothe88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Safe to use Qtips to apply nitro creme?

Postby Davo » 08 Mar 2012, 03:06

Q-Tips (or cotton buds as we call them the other side of the Atlantic) are a good way of applying Nitro if you have trouble applying it with your smallest finger.
You may find it useful to cover the Q-tip with some cling film as it slides in and out easier and prevents the cotton wool part from detaching whilst inside.
Measure out the correct dose on a cling film cover finger and apply it a bit at a time using the end of the Q-Tip
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Safe to use Qtips to apply nitro creme?

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Mar 2012, 05:26

I used Q-tips to apply the Nitro ointment to my fissure, and they work extremely well. Eventually, I started cutting them in half to save wasting the other side of the Q-tip.
Good luck to you.
Rob
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10