life after lis.....4 weeks post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

life after lis.....4 weeks post-op

Postby 44alegna44 » 13 Mar 2012, 14:55

hello everyone, just wanted to update on my progress, just past my 4 week mark since my lis/hemmie & tag removal........LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! I feel so fortunate to be able to tell you all that since my surgery I have consisently taken 2 steps forward and no steps back! I'm over any burn that I had experienced for approximately the first two weeks after my daily bm's, and the only other issue I was experiencing seemed to be a feeling of pressure, but more on the incision side, not from the fissure....that pressure is little to none as of today. I have slowly, but steadily, resumed activities such as mild exercise, going out shopping without having someone with me to lift the groceries from the cart to the car then car to the house, went out to a restaurant twice with my husband and was able to wear my favorite high heeled boots and walk comfortably without looking like I had a stick stuck up my butt!!! I still eat my fiber diet although I have been sure to slowly introduce more protein in with each meal...soy protein and fish...along with a protein shake every day, sucking down about 5 bottles of water a day as well as doing my sitz twice a day, morning after bm and evening before bed. I'm sticking with the miralax which I started 2 weeks ago, and expect to continue with that until my next follow-up in 3 weeks. I'm just thrilled to let you all know that I'M SMILING AGAIN! My hope was to be able to celebrate my 20 year wedding anniversary this April 4 without pain...God willing, my husband and I will be Dancing Up A Storm! Best Wishes to you All, Angel :)
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: life after lis.....4 weeks post-op

Postby soresteff » 14 Mar 2012, 21:28

that's awesome!!!! as someone who is seriously considering LIS/skin tag removal and a COMPLETE wuss (i'm already having nightmares about the IV!!!) your post is so encouraging - so great to hear you're smiling, thank you for putting one on my face too Image
soresteff