Average age group for Anal Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Average age group for Anal Fissure

Postby owie » 28 Mar 2012, 22:13

I'm 51 and only have had this issue about a year and a few months. I had a hemorhoid issue with my first baby who will be 25 this year and not really anything after that! I have always had a desk job, but many things in common with other posters= sinus problems, constipation here and there, anemia from low iron, had a small bowel obstruction 2 years ago and not sure if that had something to do with these more recent problems. Seems like since I turned 50 everything went downhill :*(
owie

Postby Tuberose » 29 Mar 2012, 00:07

Mine started at 44 after I became constipated from using codeine in painkillers for my back...and they have never gone away for good. I'm 46 now.
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby alpinestrawberry » 29 Mar 2012, 06:56

Hey all--I haven't been around for awhile. I was hoping if I stayed away, so would my ass problems. Eh, so much for logic.
I fall into the age bracket--at age 28 I brought my third baby into the world, along with a shiny new AF. I love my little girl, don't get me wrong, but I do wonder sometimes what my body would be like right now if I hadn't pushed my luck and given birth that third time. Well anyway I'm almost 35 now, I had the surgery a year ago, and I still have issues once in awhile--9 times out of 10 they are right before my period starts. Like today.
Funny but I'm just sort of numb to it now--I used to freak out when I saw blood but now it's like--oh well. True it does seem to heal on it's own now, whereas before I had the surgery I had gotten to a point where it would never heal.
Well, if there's anything to look forward to in the aging process I guess it's losing sphincter tone!! Can't wait, although I see that it doesn't hold true for all of us. Really fissures can affect anyone from babies to seniors, but why they seem more common in our age group is beyond me. Struck down in our prime, by stupid, humiliating, excruciatingly painful AF's.... Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby bloodypainfulrearend » 11 Apr 2012, 11:17

I'm 28 but can trace back experiencing symptoms (never diagnosed AF until recently) 10yrs. Never had a baby, but have suffered from constipation as long as I can remember...
bloodypainfulrearend

Topics: 1