New here to the group...please make the pain go away :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here to the group...please make the pain go away :(

Postby sadnesspart2 » 01 Apr 2012, 09:33

Hi everyone. I'm so glad to have found this group...finally a group that knows what I have been going through. I've had a fissure since January of this year...and let me tell you its been ruining my life. I can't even smile anymore or enjoy my life. It all started out when I went to a Colon and Rectal dr. because I was experiencing blood when I went to the bathroom #2. I've had it off and on for years but I finally got nerve to go to the dr. They then told me I had bleeding internal hemmorhoids. at that point, I didn't have the fissure. they then proceeded on to band one of the internal hemmorhoids. that hurt like hell afterwards and did stop the bleeding for a bit but then it started again a few weeks later and then I developed this fissure, now I don't know if it was from the scope that they use to put up there or could have been due to a blood pressure pill I was on that caused me to be very constipated. at this point, i've been in so much pain with this fissure and dread going to the bathroom...I cry every time I go. they have me scheduled for botox on april 20th, 19 more days and i'm scared to death. this fissure is just not healing with the nefedepine, and the calmoseptine and the lidocaine doesn't work either. i take a million baths and have increased my fiber, etc...and still no progess :( can anyone share their experiences with me for botox? does it make you have headaches and incontinent? what other ideas can I do to heal this? also, i've been getting fevers and chills lately, high temp and wonder if its related to the fissure? any ideas? my colon dr. said that it didn't but I don't know. all i know is that I bleed bad everytime I go and he said the fissure is bleeding bad and very sensitive. please advise Image
sadnesspart2

Topics: 1

Re: New here to the group...please make the pain go away :(

Postby workingonit » 01 Apr 2012, 10:15

Hi Sadness,
Yes this is a crushing affliction. Especially as it isn't easy to share with others and gain their compassion.
It was probably the constipation that caused it. That is by far the most common cause. And sometimes another reason as well that causes your sphincter to be tighter than normal, like healing from a hemorrhoid procedure.
If your doc says the fevers and chills aren't related, then I would trust his/her opinion. Can't really advise on that, you could always get a second opinion.
You need to make sure your BMs are very soft and easy to pass. Well, as easy as can be with an AF. People here liken the consistency to soft serve icecream or toothpaste. Try to chew your food more, especially meats and nuts.
Sitz baths are good for muscle spasms, but too many might actually be irritating. After your bath you need to make sure the area is dry. A bit of moisture or sweat down there will annoy the fissure.
The botox will help your sphincter relax and this will lead to healing.
IMO the 3 keys to healing are;
1. a relaxed sphincter
2. soft BMs (so you don't have to strain at all, not even push)
3. an understanding that you will forever have a weak spot there, so be more careful with your diet in future. Be prepared for consitipation episodes so they don't lead to re-tearing.
You should search here for botox stories, but don't get too freaked out about the bad ones. Most people have no problem with it and just don't write about it here as they heal and move on with their lives. Often though, it takes two botox sessions to truly heal. SO know that it is going to take a while to heal and try to exercise patience. You will heal, but it will take time.
You might also search here for what to do when faced with constipation. So you won't ever be faced with tearing again.
hope this helps! and hope you get better soon.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: New here to the group...please make the pain go away :(

Postby Ripped my VanWinkle » 10 Apr 2012, 11:03

Hi Sadness,
I sympathize with what you are going through, as I'm sure everyone in this forum does.
You're not alone. We know what it's like to have a fissure ruin your life. At the moment, I'm scheduled for a pre-surgical consultation in May, and have been dealing with an anal fissure for about 5 years.
I've learned that even with a chronic fissure, there are periods in between the most painful times when it heals over and is not painful. Perhaps yours will start to feel better even before your Botox surgery.
I take a dose of Miralax in my coffee every morning. I don't know what will work best for you, but it has helped me. It's also useful to take a stool softener, such as Colace (generic available).
I had one Botox treatment. It helped for awhile, and for several people, I know it does the job permanently. In my case, the fissure broke open again. This time, instead of a second injection, I will probably have the sphincterotomy. I'm scared too.
Stress inhibits healing, so do what you can (easy to say, harder to do!) to take some stress and strain off yourself. Those close to you will understand.
Good luck, and positive wishes. Please let us know how things go for you.
J
Ripped my VanWinkle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2