Internal Fissure Surgery- please help

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Internal Fissure Surgery- please help

Postby restoremybody » 29 Apr 2012, 07:41

Does anyone else have an internal fissure? Is the LIS done the same for that? I'm sorry but so confused- i thought most fissures were internal. Mine is inside only and surgery is in 2 weeks- has anyone else had this?
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Internal Fissure Surgery- please help

Postby jovidiva » 01 May 2012, 01:01

Yes, Dear Friend, I had 2 of them inside. It felt like shardes of glass when I had had a bm. So painful I would cry. I talked to everyone I knew about it, read online blogs, and they all said get the surgery because even if you heal it on it's own, it can come back again. I dealt with this since February 12, and decided I could no longer live with the pain, so had surgery a week ago. So happy I did it. The first 4 hours are great because you have numbing on your butt, can't feel a thing, then come home right away and take a pain pill. They gave me Vicadan because Percasat causes constipation. Then slept on my side with a pillow between my legs. They have you take off dressings after 6 hours. I freaked out and was scared the tape hurt worse than the surgery. I got in the shower to loosen the tape. then sat in warm tub of water to soak the dressings out becasue I was scared. Then a tampon looking thing came out, pretty disgusting, but just telling you to be prepared. The first night was hard, but the following day was a little better. by the 3rd day I was really getting scared about having a bm, but Doctor had me taking 1 colace 2x a day and 2 benefiber tablets 2x a day with 8 oz water. Finally I had to resort to Milka Magnesia as it does not cause cramps. Took 1/2 dose on 2nd night and full dose 3rd morning. And was scared to death, but Yeah, it was not that bad. Sorry if this is too much TMI, just want you to be prepared. After the first one, they are not as painful and it is getting easier to use the restroom, and not freaking out about it. Just need to take it easy, I get weak and have to rest. I am almost 50:(, was on low carb diet and strained. Lost 70 pounds, so this fissure is still worth having the weight off. You will be so happy you had the surgery. I know I am and I am a big chicken when it comes to surgery. Good Luck, write if you have any questions.
jovidiva