Popcorn???

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Popcorn???

Postby BGAN » 11 May 2012, 09:34

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or real life experiences with this delicious treat and their AF... I know folks are weary of nuts b/c of sharp undigested pieces, so I thought popcorn could be akin (hoping not though)!
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Popcorn???

Postby 44alegna44 » 11 May 2012, 19:00

Hey there bgan,
Just my opinion, but I'd say not a good idea....now I have absolutely nothing to base that on except my gut instinct...something tells me it's not gonna digest properly and may come out a little rough!
Hope your doin well :D
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 11 May 2012, 19:51

I wouldn't even think of risking it. That being said, there are companies that make popping corn that claim to have thinner hulls as to be virtually hulless. Also, popped sorghum is supposed to taste like popcorn but is hulless.
Those hulls on typical popcorn could be really nasty on the way out. If you were to risk it anyway, make sure to chew, chew, chew, and when youre done chewing then chew some more ...
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BGAN » 12 May 2012, 15:54

That's not good news. I just discovered a place today that has 50 flavors of popcorn. Really unique flavors too. I had a few samples. We will see how that goes!
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby bdawn » 12 May 2012, 16:47

Hi there,
There have been several people on here in the past who have had trouble with the pop corn -even after LIS while healing. I still don't eat it since my LIS over a year and a 1/2 ago. Good luck. Hopefully you will have no troubles!!
bdawn
Fibre Addict