Newbie. My anal issue!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Newbie. My anal issue!

Postby cortisonic » 11 May 2012, 22:38

So... my scenario starts out:
3 years ago.. fissure; on and off pain 4/10 with BM only. no lingering pain..just the feeling of stretching and then scratch.. with blood ranging from pin point to a pencil eraser sized on the toilet paper.
3 months ago i believe i developed either a external thrombosed hem or an abcess in the perianal area. it drained.
nowadays. i actually don't have as much of the stretching and scratch feeling with my BM. but i still get the pin point blood on TP.. but now its about a 1cm spot away from the brown spot when i wipe.
The CRS noted a fistula opening.. probed it.. said he thought i had a low fistula, relatively superficial, submucosal.
He suggested an unroofing.
Now reading alot of reader's posts.. i don't think i share the same kind of pain that you all feel...or am i lying to myself ??? i've noted that some ppl say that the pain of the fistula is really bad, and worth the pain of surgery.
I don't have discharge on my undies, and as i mentioned, its usually when i have a BM do i notice this pin point blood on the TP..
ultimately , i'm curious of what you all think and would do.
Thanks!
cortisonic

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie. My anal issue!

Postby jr2 » 12 May 2012, 19:27

Hi cortisonic...
Not all fistulae cause extreme pain. They usually don't heal on their own, though, and most of the time require surgical intervention. With any kind uncertainty though, I always find it useful to get a second opinion from another doctor. You might want to consider seeing what another CRS would have to say about it.
jr2

Topics: 15