New and SCARED of AF!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New and SCARED of AF!

Postby lilith11 » 15 May 2012, 19:15

Hi all,
First I want to say I am so glad I found this forum! It is really full of good advice. But after reading what some people are going through I am also getting really scared of how bad this can get!
I guess my first symptoms of AF started when I was about 17 (I am now 24). I sometimes found a tiny amount of blood on TP, and sometimes minor pain but nothing really. The first time I experienced REAL pain at bm was 2-3 years ago , while trying to pass a hard stool (caused by poor diet during holiday season). I realized I had to take more fiber, and it passed. But it has never really cured.
Now it's back, again because of a week's vacation during which I ate way to much junk food : thinking back, I'm really horrified at my stupidity and think I really brought this on myself : I ate chips, icecream, chesecake, hamburgers, Image WHY?? I never eat chips or icecream at home!
Since yesterday, i started taking metamucil and magnesium supplements, and I will stick to a a healthy diet from now on.
I really think I have to see my GP about this, but I feel so stupid because I just went to see her for my Gyneco chek-up, which would have been the perfect time to bring the subject, but it was just starting at the time, and she talked so much during the appointment (I know her very well) that i forgot to tak about it. Image
Plus I have social and generalized anxiety and I am just so embarrassed to talk about this. I just tried to tell my boyfriend about it on the fun and could not even bring the words to my mouth. I will have to write him an email I think. I'm just that pathethic.
Anyway, that was my rant. I really needed to vent! I hope my english was not to bad, it's not my first language Image
lilith11

Topics: 1

Re: New and SCARED of AF!

Postby workingonit » 15 May 2012, 21:29

Lilith,
Your english if awesome!
I think email is a godsend to improving communication.
When my hubby is working long hours, I would never get to chat if we didn't email each other. Neither of us are phone chatters.
I think we all feel some guilt about being in this predicament. But it's not like we weren't behaving like most other people. Not a fun wake up call, that's for sure!
You really should talk to your doctor, as she might be able to give you some nifedipine or nitro to help you heal faster.
When you are away and on holiday, you might consider taking a fiber supplement. Or even trying a stool softener like miralax. Just to be on the safe side.
Oh yah, and always remember to drink lots of water.
Try to intersperse your drinks with a glass a water.
ANyways,
That's my two cents. Hope you feel better soon!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34