Digestive Enzyme Pills?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Digestive Enzyme Pills?

Postby DynaMike » 24 May 2012, 18:27

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone has had experience taking digestive enzyme pills with meals? Is this a no-no or has it helped anyone?
DynaMike
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Digestive Enzyme Pills?

Postby jr2 » 24 May 2012, 19:26

I think I've pretty much tried everything! Image
Enzymes didn't hurt anything for me but weren't particularly helpful either. I didn't really find much of an impact except maybe on making upper digestion in the stomach feel a little more comfortable.
However, I do take probiotics every day, and I definitely feel they are a positive step for me. Nothing miraculous, but because I have a lot of GI problems, I find probiotics help a little bit in keeping things at least slightly more steady in the digestive department.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Digestive Enzyme Pills?

Postby workingonit » 27 May 2012, 11:19

I have taken them in the past, and found that you need to be careful not to take too much, as it would give me the runs.
I wouldn't bother with them unless you are truly having trouble digesting something. Like my hubby takes them for lactose intolerance. I still take one if I eat beans.
I agree with JR that probiotics might be more helpful.
But I like to just get mine from yogurt. I found that the supplements gave me the runs. But I really do notice a difference when I eat a yogurt with probiotics daily. Even just that brand Jamie Lee Curtis recommends, although it is too sweet. Less gas, and more regularity.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34