EUA & 1st botox yesterday

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: EUA & 1st botox yesterday

Postby SteveR » 10 Jul 2012, 01:14

I am going back into hospital after an EUA at the end of April 2012 – during this operation I had my haemorrhoids ligated. Since then it has been hell each day hurting just as much – and now I am back in at the end of July. In the meantime I have developed a fissure and now have been given Anoheal, which was fantastic for the first few days, but now gives me cramps which are quite bad. What I want to know, is that if botox really does work. My problem is that I have developed an anal polyp which prolapses every time I go, which combined with a tense muscle makes going really really hard. Even on stool softeners which makes me very soft, I still find it hard to get it out. I was wondering if botox makes it easier for you to go?
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby jillywilly » 10 Jul 2012, 12:06

Hi everyone think I got a bit too hopeful too soon cos things havnt been so great recently. Started getting pain again post bm (it's been 18 days since my Botox) it's not as bad as before but still abit disappointing as i had high hopes of being pain free forever!! I'm keeping to 1 soft bm daily with just my high fibre/lots of water diet & not needing any stool softners, even so I've had pain after bm's for the past 3 days which lasts about 4-6 hours that is an improvement on pre Botox when the pain would last 10 hours +. I havnt had a follow up with my crs yet but did see my gp who advised to keep going with the rectogesic, which I am still using twice aday (sometimes 3 times a day when its bad) feel a bit unsure at the mo about how things are going to go but certainly I'm slightly better off since having the Botox so on that basis I would recommend it as being worth a shot when nothing else seems to be working.
Healing hugs to everyone xx
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby SteveR » 10 Jul 2012, 12:42

God, sorry to hear that, keep at it! Think long term.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14